Chapter 1 Nerd

• Dedicated to Everyone who's reading this^^

Crush On Mr. Bad Boy [UNEDITED]

Chapter 1 NERD

A/N: This ENTIRE book is UNEDITED! Yes, I know the grammatical errors are there, I just don't have the time to fix them. 

"Rosaline Arlene Winnefred!" Layla, the Queen Bee AKA the school's bitch, snarled out mockingly as I opened my locker. Her obnoxiously high pitched voice pierced through my ears.

Layla Cleo Star was the most popular girl in school. She was completely gorgeous with her chocolate brown eyes, dark hair, and perfectly tanned skin. You could say she was the most beautiful girl you had ever laid eyes on, and I would have to completely agree with you. Physically, she was perfect. However, her personality was opposite.

Apparently, if you got on her good side, she could be one of the sweetest people ever.

Somehow I managed to get on her bad side. Don't ask me how. The moment she heard my name, she hated me. Her half smirk which had potential to turn into a smile, turned into a scowl instead.

Since that day? I was doomed.

She made it her mission to make my life a living hell, and succeeded.

Her favorite hobbies seemed to be: making me suffer, gossiping, and cheerleading- oh and did I mention? Making me suffer.

My best friend Jaxon claimed he believed she preyed on the weakest just for the thrill of domination. But personally, I had no idea why.

The cheerleaders around her giggled at the scene before them as she stood in proudly in the middle.

She faked a gasp, "Has the nerd gone mute?"

According to everyone, I was the typical nerd. Braces, glasses, unfashionable clothes, good grades, and being painfully shy made my reputation the way it was.

The person who forced me into getting braces was my step mother, Cleo. Cleo wasn't the type of step mother someone would want. She wasn't physically abusive, but her harsh words were quite cruel and could destroy someone's confident in a blink of an eye.

She was a child psychologist, and worked part time for the local newspaper; writing articles about 'Raising Your Child Right!' I was her ongoing social experiment. She gave me zero tips on being confident, made me go shopping at all the wrong places, and convinced me to wear glasses just for the purpose of protecting my 'sclera'. Of course, I only wore my glasses when I knew there were risks nearby.

Since she married my father, she seemed to take me under her wing, and transformed me into an utter geek, just for experimentation. I had a feeling that she too, wanted to see me suffer.

As part of the usual routine, I decided to ignore Layla. I grabbed my books from my locker before shutting it as softly as I could, not wanting her to react more negatively. I spun the lock twice to make sure it was fully locked, so I wouldn't get any more nasty surprises from any of my tormentors. When I looked up, I saw them all smirking at me like they knew something I didn't. I tried to step around them, but they all blocked my path.

"You think you can ignore me?" Layla questioned daringly. Her presence was stressing me out. I knew it was best if I stayed quiet and let her do all the talking.

"You can't ignore me no matter what! No one ignores me! If you don't want to have any trouble for the rest of the year, I suggest you start respecting people who are better than you!"