Chapter 35 Snapping Point

Crush On Mr. Bad Boy

Chapter 35 Snapping Point

A/N: SURPRISE UPDATE!!!<3<3<3 I had some time on my hands because tennis practice was canceled, so here ya go(:

---Layla's P.O.V---

What the hell was taking her so long to get out here? I peeked through a window and saw her making out with Axel in the middle of the dance floor. They pulled away from each other after a few minutes and stared into each other's eyes lovingly.

I snorted out loud. How romantic! I just couldn't wait for the day he dumps her sorry-goody-little two-shoe-ass. What was so perfect about her anyway? Her incredibly high grades? Her perfect blonde hair? Her crystal blue eyes? Everyone wanted her and was willing to ditch me for her.

After a few major heartbreaks, I knew that no one would be there for me in the end. I was just a pretty obstacle along the way, and she was the real prize. I remembered seeing photos of her when I was just a little girl.

She was the perfect child that every mother wanted. The little girl who would always listen to her mommy and daddy. The little girl who could melt hearts in a heartbeat. I grew up being the little girl who got made fun of at school because she liked to dance.

But that all changed when daddy decided to move us back here. Back to the boring old town where I was born. I had spaced out and not noticed that Rose was a few feet away from me. "I'm here, what do you want to talk about?" Rose asked, sounding as timid as always.

I turned around so that I was facing her. "You've got him back."

"Pardon me?" Ah, she always knew her wonderful manners.

"Don't 'pardon me'." I rolled my eyes at her. What a nerd. "You've got him back."

"Who?"

"Jaxon." I replied, keeping my face neutral. Daddy has always taught me to hide emotions and never show your enemy your fear or what bothers you, because they'll always use them against you.

"I don't want him."

"But he wants you."

"So you came here to talk about Jaxon?"

"No, he's just a little conversation starter. A conversation about him would be a wasted conversation, don't you think?" I cocked an eyebrow at her. Ignore the pains in your chest, they'll fade.

"Then why'd you come and talk to me?"

"Because I can." I smirked at her. She was twisting a piece of thread from her jean shorts around one of her fingers. It was almost too easy to get her nervous and intimidated like that.. Seeing her like that made me feel more superior and stronger than her.

"I'm going back inside." she said turning around.

"You've got a cute little family there, Rosaline." I commented, making her freeze. She turned around slowly.

"What do you mean?"

"You've got the perfect family."

"My family is far from perfect." she snapped. I was a little surprised from her tone. So she was finally growing a backbone after all these years..

"Watch the tone, Rose." I almost laughed at her shocked face. Her mouth parted slightly and her eyes widened. Who did she think she could fool with that stupid disguise on at the Halloween dance. "Or do you prefer liar?"

"I'm not a liar." she said in a strong voice.

"You might've fooled Matt, but you can't fool me." I raised both my eyebrows and gave her a flat look.