Chapter 4 Changes

Crush On Mr. Bad Boy

Chapter 4 Changes

   My footsteps echoed as I walked through the empty hallways. I hugged my cheesy romance novel to my chest tighter, afraid of someone randomly popping out from behind a corner. I kept my eyes open and watched for any movement around me just in case Layla decided to pop out of nowhere.

"I'm serious this time Mr. Spencer!" An older male voice yelled as I was about to turn the corner. I stopped myself and threw myself back so I was leaning against a wall. "Why can't you be like every other student?!"

"It's because I'm unique." Axel replied cockily.

My ears perked up at Axel's voice. His voice was as smooth as velvet and addicting. I couldn't get enough of it.

"High school is not a joke young man!"

Axel snorted out loud. "It is to me."

"You you think you're being funny?" The teacher's temper was rising with each word he said. 

"I'm naturally comedic, my life's a joke." 

"Why are you always so distracted with everything?! You have no girlfriend anymore, so she shouldn't be a problem-"

"Don't talk about that bitch." Axel growled. I flinched at the hatred and anger in his voice. I guess things must've ended badly with them.

"Watch your language young man." The teacher warned.

"I don't have to." Axel replied simply.

"You're lucky your daddy's so rich-"

"Stepfather." He corrected.

"Son, you are flunking every single subject. How do you think you will pass?"

"I won't."

I heard an exhausted sigh. "Money seems to buy everything nowadays. Back in my time-"

"Back in your time there was no electricity, I get it." Axel interrupted the teacher rudely.

"Can't you find a reason to try?"

"No."

"At least someone who'll get you off your bad drug addictions-"

"I'm not addicted." Axel cut him off, "And no."

"Drugs and alcohol will only hurt you." The man said. "And it's a waste of money."

"If it's a waste of money, then why do you snort up lines every time you get home from work?" There was a moment of silence before Axel continued on. "And from the last time I checked, you still have student loans to pay off." More silence. "Exactly."

Two hands grabbing my shoulders from behind made me jump. I dropped my novel which echoed through the halls. "So your new hobby is stalking now too?" Kasay asked from behind me. New hobby? HA! I spun around and glared at her.

"You scared me!" I hissed at her.

"You weren't the only one I scared." She peeked around the corner and snickered. "That old teacher would be in so much trouble if we snitched."

"Well we aren't going to snitch on that poor guy." I peeked around the corner, but Axel was no longer there. The only person who was there was the old teacher. "And I'm supposed to be going to the office, so if you excuse me." I started walking away from her, but she grabbed my upper arm.