Chapter 8 Brand New Me

Crush On Mr. Bad Boy

Chapter 8 Brand New Me

   Have you ever felt completely new? Like after a shower or after some sort of treatment? Well, feeling new felt like a newly plucked chicken.

"Stay still." Kasay hissed as she tore a waxing strip off my leg roughly. I screamed in agony. "Gross, I can't believe you have never shaved." She scrunched up her face in disgust. "You're lucky your hairs are pretty much invisible though."

She tore another waxing strip off my leg, making me scream again. "THAT HURTS LIKE SHIT!"

She laughed, tearing another strip off of my leg. "Only I'm allowed to swear."

"But it hurts so bad!" I panted, gripping the edges of the bed I was on.

"Beauty hurts, get used to it." She huffed. I screamed again when she tore the last waxing strip off my leg. "Suck it up."

I glared at her. "I never asked you to help me."

She picked up the used wax strip, "You barely have any hair... I think I may have pulled off your skin." 

I wanted to strangle her, "Felt like it." I said through clenched teeth.

She just shrugged as she went back to look for another torture device. "We're doing your eyebrows next."

I frowned. "What?" I got up into a sitting position.

"Or do you want to do them tomorrow?" 

"Can you just not use any more torturing equipment on me?" I begged.

"Nope." She replied popping the 'p'. "If you want to be pretty, then you've got to go through the pain they go through." 

"Layla goes through this?" I furrowed my eyebrows together.

"Of course! How do you think she gets her smooth legs, her perfect eyebrows, and her-?"

"I don't need every single detail." I cut her off. "I get it."

"Good." She replied simply.

I didn't know being the hottest girl in the school meant lots and lots of torture. I thought the popular people were just born perfect. I guess I was wrong. To magazine beauty, there was pain behind it all. Maybe I didn't want to be popular if it was going to cost pain and suffering.

Deep down inside, I knew I didn't want to become popular. I didn't want guys kissing my feet, begging for a date with me, nor did I want to have fake friends around me. I just wanted Axel. No one else's attention, except his.

Since I had set foot on Earth, he had never spared me a glance. I was invisible to him. I blended into the crowd too much, but Layla didn't seem to think that. I was noticeable, but in a bad way. Something in the pit of my stomach told me I should try talking to him, but there was no way in hell I would ever do that.

I would never be able to work up the courage to go up to him and start a conversation. Heck, I didn't even have the nerves to tap his shoulder. Maybe if Layla hadn't interrupted, I might have been able to get his attention somehow, but then I probably would have acted like a complete retard in front of him.

I hated myself for being in love with a guy who knew absolutely about me. No matter how I tried to look away, or how I tried to block him out, my little crush never seemed to fade. Even when I was with Ricky, a small part of my heart was still beating for Axel.