Chapter 6: Risks of Love

chapter was first written november 2014

chapter now edited aug 2018
+Henry's POV+

I was so shocked about how Maya had a rare blood type. As I was thinking on how we were getting that blood type. I was quickly pacing around the main room, then soon I realized I have that blood type AB-.

"Um Ray. I think I know who has this blood type." I said in a shaky voice. My heart was beating way to fast for my liking.

"Really?! Who?!" Ray said with joy.

"..." My mouth was open but nothing came out except for a squeak.

"Henry.." said Ray.

"Me." I said quickly

"What?" Ray said in confusion.

"It's me, I have of a blood type of AB-" I said.

"Oh my gosh kid, are you willing to donate some blood to Maya?" Ray said.

"Yes anything that it takes to help Maya." I courageously replied, straightening my posture and lifting my chest up.

"Kid, do you like Maya?.." Ray said with curiosity

"Um... well I don't want to lie. Yes, yes I do. I actually like her a lot." I blurted, I felt the back of my neck get hot and my cheeks felt warm too.

"Well Henry I'm glad to hear about that. So are you ready to donate?" Ray said with a smile.

"I'm ready." I said

"Okay just a heads up, you can't go to school for a week because you have to recover of the blood loss, I'm going to have to take more than what people usually donate." Ray said.

"How many pints of blood will I lose?" I said

"4 pints; which is equal to one quart of blood, and that will make you want to recover for at least one week. You can't forget to eat and drink because if you don't, your recovery will take longer." Ray lectured.

"Okay let's do this" I said.

I sat on the chair and Ray began the procedure, well it was Schwaz that did the procedure becuase he's the one with a medical degree. I began to feel light-headed after the procedure but Ray gave me a banana and some water which helped me a little. After a while, I had some power to leave and walk home.

"Thanks again Henry." Ray said and waved.

I waved back and left. I'm just glad to help the girl of my dreams.

A/N
Thanks guys for reading this! The ideas came from Lisa_lefteye_lopes. Thank you! Comment and Vote love you!