Chapter 24: Mission Accomplished

chapter first written: december 2017 // edited: september 2018

Merry Christmas (eve) or Hope you had a happy Hanukkah or Kwanza or Holidays in general <3
Last official part! Vote and comment!
Maybe an epilogue? Maybe not.
Enjoy!

+Henry's POV+

Once Ray came back, he explained how long it took to get there because of his car not starting. I stopped paying attention to his story after because we all know how it ended. Captain Man saves the day and solves the crime! Interviews and he takes all the credit! Flirts with the lady who interviews and then gets wacked by another one for ditching them on a date.

Rolling my eyes and kicking my feet up on the table, I see Maya intrigued with what Ray was saying. We finally got out of our uniforms and relaxed. It just turned 8 pm and which was fine since it was winter break.

Dozing off from Ray's stories of his dates and missions, my feet were kicked off of the table, causing me to fall of the couch. "Henry! Wake up! It's 8:30 go home!" Ray told me. I shake my head and move my head around, "Where's Char?" I question, "She left an hour ago." Maya stated.

"Well okay, I'll be going! We need to close off the mission by tomorrow." I stated. I walk to the tubes and before I leave, I walk back and give Maya a warm hug, a fist bump to Ray, and pat on the head to Schwaz.

Standing right under the tube, I continue to say, "Up the-" quickly cut off. Ray stands and says, "Henry! Tell your mom I said hi!" I roll my eyes and just say what I normally say, "No, I will not! If you keep forgetting my mom is married, to my dad." emphasizing the word of dad.

"But- She can always!-" Cutting him off with me saying, "Up the Tube!" as fast as I could.

As soon as I got home, I was quickly pulled by my sister to the living room. Piper pushed me onto the couch and screamed, "WHERE WERE YOU? WHAT WERE YOU DOING SO LATE AT NIGHT?" I looked at her with no emotion and pulled myself up.

Piper got up too and talked, "Why weren't you scared? Thanks a lot Henry, now I have no content for my stupid prank." She huffed and stomped her way into her room. I only look back at her when she slammed her door but only shrugged.

I got up to the kitchen and made myself toast. Even before I got to spread butter on my toast, my mom and dad came running down the stairs and turned on the television. "Oh, hi Henry!" my dad said. "Hey guys! What are you-?" I said before I was cut off, "Not now Henry, something important is on the news." Mom said.

"Before we move onto the next segment of the news, the mystery has been solved, a month before, a burglary occurred in the house of the Areostales. Due to how big the incident was, the Areostale's daughter was badly injured and put into a coma, as said from the hospital by Captain Man. Just today, Captain Man was the one who turned in the burglar, Blake Tobian. Blake did match all of the features of the robber who intruded their house and even admitted that he was the uncle of Maya and admits to his crime doing. Blake is now in jail for life for, robbing a bank, breaking into 2 other houses before the Areostale's and almost killing his own niece. Tomorrow we will be finding out more on what happened in this mystery, by interviewing Captain Man and his sidekick at Swellview Park. Next up, why cats lick themselves." The news lady concluded.

Henry listened but then continued to cover his toast with butter. "Oh wasn't that a segment! I cannot wait to see the interview of Captain Man!" Mom said sweetly. "And what is that supposed to mean?" My dad asked suspiciously. "Nothing!" As my mom said before slowly getting up and walking away.