Chapter 15: It's Okay

chapter first written: March 2015
edited: August 2018
Vote please ilysm

+Henry's POV+

She was crying.  I didn't know what to do except say "It's okay, I'm right here"

Maya was balling her eyes out. I never felt this bad for anyone. Her family abandoned her. I never knew this could happen to anyone. I was holding her in my arms, I held her tightly so she could feel safe.

"Maya."

"Y-y-ye-s?" she croaked

"Are you okay? You wanna move to the couch?" I suggested.

"S-sure" she hiccuped.

Maya was crying for a long time. She couldn't stop crying but her reason for crying was valid. Charlotte came, but left in the maximum of 5 minutes so she wouldn't bother Maya.

I placed Maya on the couch, meanwhile Ray was on the phone with her parents.

"Yes, she's alive. How many times do I have to say that? Will you take her back?" Ray stated.

"Like I said before, no" the father responded.

"But she's your daughter sir, wouldn't you want her back?" Ray responded in shock.

"No, she never really had a purpose in this family." Bill calmly said.

"NO PURPOSE?! SHE HAS A PURPOSE. SHE IS HERE WANTING TO GO HOME WITH A FAMILY." Ray yelled.

"I'm sorry. We just can't take her back. Um please sir." Maya's father said.

"DON'T SIR ME. CALL ME CAPTAIN MAN. IF YOU DON'T WANT YOUR DAUGHTER THAN THERES TWO OPTIONS. SIR." Ray yelled, even louder this time.

"What are those options, Sir?" Bill said.

"For the last time, IT'S CAPTAIN MAN. The two options are, you either put her in the foster care system, or you sign the adoption papers so I can legally adopt Maya." Ray stated.

Those were the options? Either Ray would have to put Maya in for foster care or he keeps her. I was terrified, Maya looked at me, her eyes were in sorrow. She heard them.

"Thank you. I understand, bye now."

Ray came to us. He looked distressed.

"Maya, we have some choices to make." Ray said. He was calm, or just a façade to look calm for Maya.

"And what are those choices?" Maya said confidently.

"Either I have to put you in the foster care system or you can live with me. If you live with me, then you can still go to school with Henry, and you can still live a normal-is life." Ray said.

I realized that Ray was trying to persuade Maya to live with him. I was happy about that.

Within less than 10 minutes, Maya spoke up.

"I have made my decision.." Maya said.

"And that is?" I said eagerly.

I was hoping for her to choose to live with Ray. It wouldn't effect her as much.

"I wanna live with you." Maya said.

Pointing at me.

A/n
Hey guys! I hope you like this chapter. I know, short. I haven't updated in so long! Thank you for 3k reads! You guys rock! I love you all. I've been so busy lately. But thank you.
Instagram: jacnorman7