Chapter 54. - Set For Life

A/N: Welcome back! This one is dedicated to MadnessCraves - Thank you for loving the story! 

***

*Lukas*

"I thought you weren't coming!" Jesse complained as I plopped down on the couch next to him. The club was buzzing with life tonight, bodies mingling on the dance floor, the bar packed to the limit. There was a huge line waiting outside, which wrapped around multiple corners down the street.

This was the kind of place the guys and I would hang out at every night after the shows for the first couple years of the band. The perfect place to pick up chicks. I saw a handful of them eyeing us over the railing as they shook themselves and ground on each other, hoping to get our attention.

I turned my head away and looked at my friend instead. "I said I would be here. I keep my word."

Jesse rolled his eyes. "Someone's feeling touchy tonight!" He reached for two of the shots from the neat line already spread out on the table in front of us, handed one to me and threw back the other. "So. What got your panties in a twist?"

"I haven't been sleeping well."

"This should help that!" Jesse grabbed a second shot and pressed it into my free hand. "Bottoms up, pretty boy!"

Ash appeared between the people, parting the bodies like the red sea as he walked through, holding a girl under each arm. "Fellas!" He greeted, smirking at me. "Nice to see you out of the house, Lukas."

I lifted a brow at him. "Speaking of houses.... What is happening in yours?"

Ash's black eyes met mine, a sly smile crinkling its corners. "You caught that, did you?"

Of course, I caught that. It wasn't as if I watched the girl who showed me I had a heart and then shattered it into pieces waltz right into his home and proceeded to stay there. For hours. As far as I knew, they were completely alone - no one else came in or out.

And I felt confident about that, because I parked myself in front of my window with a chair and my phone, watching them like a proper fucking stalker.

"I live next door," I said instead.

"So you do." Ash chuckled. "Get us a drink, baby." He nodded at one of the girls who scrambled to her feet, taking everyone's orders as if we didn't have at least ten shots in front of us and an entire bottle of champagne chilling on ice. When she finally left, Ash pushed the other girl to a standing position.

"She's already getting the drinks!" She whined, trying to sit back on Ash's lap, who pushed her away again.

"Then go powder your nose!" He snapped, making the poor girl scramble away.

I rolled my eyes. "It's a wonder how you pull so many chicks with that attitude."

Ash grinned. "They like a man in charge. The rougher I am, the more eager they are to please."

"Mom beats herself up every day over wondering where she went wrong with you." Jesse sighed, being his usual dramatic self. "Anyways, I feel like I'm missing something. What happened?"

"Mom shouldn't worry. I make these girls very very happy." Ash wiggled his brows at us as he sat back, spreading his arms. "And why don't you ask Lukas what's bothering him?"

"I already did. He's not exactly being chatty about his feelings lately."

"Ash had a guest today," I said slowly, watching my best friend's every reaction to my words. But while I expected anger, surprise, or even cynicism, all I was greeted with was a cocky smirk on his face. "Someone who really had no business in being in his house. Alone."