Chapter 9. - Cheeky

A/N: This chapter is dedicated to Dead_is_a_cold_vals because of the support and oh, because I want you to love himmmm... Here we go!

***

I froze, my body automatically going into fangirl mode. Lukas LaBelle looked better than he did at the night of the incident, if that was even possible. His golden skin practically glowed in the lights of the club, making him look like an exotic Greek God.

Thankfully, Jesse chose that exact moment of stunned silence to appear him, and push Lukas out of the way. "You made it!" He grinned, his entire face transforming into a warm, welcome smile. Jesse had that sort of personality that lightened the room, without even having to try.

I didn't look over at Lukas, although, I could feel his gaze still on me. I was so strangely aware of everything he did, I just knew where he was in the room at all times, without having to look, and my skin tingled and warmed wherever his eyes wandered. My senses were heightened around him to the point where it was almost too much.

Jesse reached down for me, and helped me up the last few steps – one hand holding mine tightly, and the other around my waist as he pulled me into his embrace. "And you smell like fucking coconuts!"

I grinned. "Thank you for inviting us! I really needed a night out." I told him, meaning it. As passionate as I was about my arm, it was nice to step away from my studio every now and again. And seeing my favorite band in real life was just a gigantic upside. "This is Callie."

Both Jesse and Lukas turned to face my best friend, who was standing tall behind me. They gave her a nod as a greeting, and the jealous fangirl in me was actually watching the blonde guitarist to gauge his reaction. After all, my best friend was drop dead gorgeous, and much more popular with men than me.

But to my surprise, Lukas only said hello, then turned back to me. "I didn't realize you were coming tonight." My heart was still dancing tango over the fact that he didn't proceed to check out Callie's impressive assets, so I barely had any brain cells left to process that he was talking to me.

Jesse was right about the more intimate atmosphere thought. For some reason, the music wasn't as loud, allowing room for conversation – which was what Lukas was trying to engage me in.

It really was too bad that I was busy watching the way his pink lips moved to remember what he asked...

Thankfully, someone did pay attention, and jumped in to answer for me. "That would be because she is my date." Jesse replied, raising his brow casually at his band-mate.

I opened my mouth to correct him, and inform him that I had meant what I said earlier about us two being just friends, but then I saw the look on Lukas LaBelle's face. He seemed positively shocked, and almost...fuming? My mouth snapped shut.

Lukas' angry gaze dropped to my waist – which, I realized, Jesse was still hanging onto, with both hands. I stepped back quickly, and one of his hands fell away. The other remained – a movement that could appear to look much more than what it was from the outside.

"How was your day, baby?" Jesse cooed gently, turning us away as he guided me toward the bar at the other side of the terrace. In his hold, I turned my head just enough to look over my shoulder, and notice the gaping Callie and Lukas.

"What exactly are you doing?!" I whispered, once we were out of earshot. "I thought we agreed-"

"My day was good, too." He replied, completely ignoring me, and chattering on as if I didn't just accuse him. I had the deep, underlying feeling that all rock stars were batshit crazy – just each in their very own, different way. "Just a bit busy. We're making a last-minute song change on the album, and it's kind of a pain this late on. But that's the life."