Chapter 5. - Family

A/N: Welcome back! This one is dedicated to danielaaqa ! Thank you for the love on this so far!

***

The second half of the concert was just as incredible as the first - except this time, when I thought I saw Lukas LaBelle looking at me, I didn't doubt myself.

If Ginger was here, she would have said that I was showing off for him, dancing a little bigger, whipping my hair around a little more, being just a little extra to make sure I was standing out of the crowd. And she wouldn't have been wrong... I was trying my best to catch his eye out of the twenty thousand other people surrounding me.

But at the end of the night, we gathered our things, and as promised, Shai and Arielle drove me home. I thanked them for an amazing night, and locked myself into my empty apartment, with my ears still ringing, my heart still pounding, and the goofiest smile on my face.

And as for the picture... I didn't look at it. I didn't have the heart to. I felt too full of joy and excitement to ruin it by coming face to face with the fact that I was just like all their other fans. Nothing special, just one girl out of twenty thousand others there tonight.

***

When I was still living at home, Saturday used to be our family day.

My mother, who was a famous romance novelist always had deadlines for Monday mornings, so she would spend Sundays locked up in her study, typing away on her computer. My father owned a consultation company, and would spend the last day of the weekend preparing for the clients ahead. I also had an older brother, who used to sneak away on Sundays to see one of his girlfriends - or perhaps, more than one on a busy weekend - and later on when he went off to college, he would spend that day on campus. Probably doing the same thing...

For me, Sunday used to be a day for art - where I could spend the day in my dad's garage, and paint or build pieces to my heart's content.

All in all, Saturday used be my day of family time. And growing up, that didn't change.

My parents had us all over for breakfast - with my mom making pancakes, my dad manning the bacon, and my brother and I fumbling over the omelett. "Put some spinach in it!" I instructed, handing him a bowl of freshly washed baby spinach.

"London, I'm not a damn rabbit." Fitz grumbled, but tossed it in the pan anyways.

"Stop bickering, children." Our mom said in her soothing voice, squeezing us together in a hug. I sighed, and Fitz rolled his eyes. "And eat more vegetables, Fitzwilliam. I want to make sure you have your proper vitamin consumption up in the city."

My brother, Fitzwilliam Edward Grey, was named after my mother's favorite literary heroes. Fitzwilliam from Pride and Prejudice - better known as Mr. Darcy - and Edward Rochester from Jane Eyre. Yup. She was a hopeless romantic at heart.

"Malibu hardly counts as the city, mom." My brother shot back, but put an extra handful of spinach in the omelett. "How is the new book coming along?"

Mom smiled. "It's nearly finished! I actually only need to work on the beginning a bit more, and then I'll send it in to my publisher. It should be out within three months, I'd say." Then, she frowned. "It's a bigger issue that I'm out of ideas for my next one."

"Is it going to be another old one?" Fitz asked. Our mother was most known for her work in historical romance, mostly set - you guessed it - back in England. Adelaide Grey spent four years studying abroad in Great Britain, and has been so inspired by the culture, that was mostly what she wrote about.