Chapter 26. - Black Coffee

A/N: The long awaited family breakfast with the Greys! Are we ready?! Can Lukas take the heat?! Let's find out!

***

"I see that you've brought a guest." Fitz grinned, crossing his arms in front of himself as we walked up to the front door of my parent' house. "This should be the most entertaining Saturday we've had since you dropped out of college!"

I rolled my eyes. "I'm expecting you to be on your best behavior!" I whispered into his ear as he leaned down to give me a hug.

"What for? You know mom will be all over him!" He chuckled and pulled back to extend a hand to Lukas, who was standing patiently behind me. "Nice to meet you, man. I've heard a ton about you!"

Lukas would've had to be blind to miss the way my brother's sly gaze flickered over to me when he said that. Combined with the life-sized cardboard cutout of him in my room and the paintings I've had all over my studio, I was pretty sure Lukas had an accurate idea of my obsession.

"As have I. Fitz, right?" Lukas said, giving my brother one of his million dollar smiles.

My brother blinked twice, before pulling his hand back. "Erm... Yeah... Yeah, that's me." He stepped back, moving out of the way of my parents.

"This is my mom, Adelaide Grey-" I motioned toward my mother, who basically launched herself at Lukas, nearly knocking him back. Way to keep it cool, mom – I thought, but could hardly blame her, as my reaction was just about the same. "-and my dad, Richard."

"Mr. Grey." My dad said, frowning as he shook Lukas' hand, who – to his credit – didn't seem at all taken aback by my father's cold demeanor.

"Let's go inside, shall we? We have breakfast waiting, I hope you're hungry!" Mom, always the warm one in the family ushered as along, closing the front door.

We piled into the dining room, and I offered my seat to Lukas. "I'll go grab an extra set of plates."

"Grab a beer too, Londie-bug! I think we're going to need it!" Fitz yelled after me, making me roll my eyes.

"So, why exactly are you here, boy?" My father started, making me swirl around to shoot him a warning glare.

"Make that vodka, sis!" Fitz winked.

I practically ran to the kitchen, grabbed everything I needed, and made it back in record time, only to witness the awkward, tense silence in the room. My father was turning more and more red by the minute, while my mother gawked at the blonde rock star in awe. And my brother? Well, he was just amused out of his socks.

"He was just giving me a ride, dad. I thought it would've been rude not to invite him along to breakfast." I said, shrugging as I took a seat between my mom and Lukas.

"And where is your car exactly, that he has to give you a ride on Saturday morning?" My father shot back, raising his brows.

I felt an undeniable blaze run through my entire body, coloring me tomato red. Suddenly, my hands seemed like the most interesting thing in the world, and I kept my eyes set straight on them.

My mother leaned over, poking me in the side with my elbow. "Don't worry, sweetheart. We all know you two aren't just friend." She said calmly, taking a sip of her orange juice. "What is the word for it these days? Friends with benefits?"

I felt Lukas chuckle next to me, while I desperately reached for the eggs. "Let's eat this before it gets cold, shall we?" And with that, I dumped a huge load on Lukas' plate. "You like eggs, don't you?" I whispered after I realized I had no idea if he even wanted any.