Prologue

I looked up at the man I've been in love with since I was sixteen.

I idolized him back then, not knowing what love truly meant - I just knew that I was his in every way, if he would have me. Body, soul, mind. We were on the same wavelength. I used to think we were made for each other.

Now, at twenty-five, I knew a different love for him. I knew passion, and raw, primal hunger than only he could ever invoke in me. I knew what it meant to truly be one of his girls - and it was more than I could've bargained for.

I loved him. I always have - and if I was being honest with myself, I knew that I always will.

But it was time to say goodbye. This would be the last time I saw him, and soon, I would allow myself to cry about it. But now, I closed my eyes, and enjoyed the music. I got lost in the rhythm, the beat, the song... That wicked guitar solo.

And him. Always him.

My gaze found his. Twenty thousand people in attendance tonight, but he looked at me. I smiled. How could I not?! He was everything. He always has been.

The song ended, and I clutched the strap of my back tighter. One last glance - I promised myself. Then, I turned on my heel, and walked out of the arena, never to look back again, as the electric guitar cried a heartbreaking melody.

No one could see what the future would bring, but I knew I've made the right decision. The first of many tears rolled down my cheek, but I kept my head up high. This wasn't the end of us - the love I always felt wouldn't just go away. It would just transform, over time, back to admiration.

At least, I had to tell myself that.

***

A/N: Welcome to another incredible thrill ride! Cover was done by the talented, amazing underwatt - thank you so much!

**Please be advised that the story is intended for mature audiences only - it contains strong language, violence, sexuality, substance abuse, and other potential trigger factors.**

**All rights reserved and protected by law**

Please enjoy!