Chapter 48. - Over

A/N: The chapter dedication goes to oriz1610 whose favorite couple is London & Lukas! 

***

*Lukas*

Ginger's apartment was close to the university, in one of those complexed only college kids lived - with the exception of an odd adult who probably just didn't know better. Unlike what I've pictured college life to be, there were no raging parties. In fact, the entire complex was quiet and seemed to already be asleep - with most of the lights out.

Ash walked up the stairs to her apartment and knocked on the door with the confidence of someone who knew she would be here.

And she was. A minute later, the door swung open and a tired-looking Ginger appeared in the doorway. "I thought I was going to have to be disappointed," She smiled, pushing her red hair out of her face as she stepped back.

Ash took it as an invitation and barged right into her tiny apartment, and I followed, squeezing by her apologetically. "You knew we were coming?"

"I was hoping she meant enough for you that you'd at least look around." She closed the door behind us but remained standing close to it.

"Quit playing games, Gianna!" Ash snapped, surprising both of us when he called her by her real name. No one called Ginger by her real name - in fact, I didn't realize Ash even knew that she had one. "Tell us where she is. We've been driving around all night and I'm ready to hit the bar and forget this shit has ever happened."

As if she hasn't even heard him, Ginger's brown eyes remained on me. "I really am glad to see that you came looking for her."

"But?" I guessed, watching as her face twisted into a wry smile.

"I'm obviously not going to tell you where she is."

I barely had time to blink, before Ash moved closer. Towering above her, their insane height difference was definitely used to his advantage as he glared down at her. "Talk woman." He demanded, his voice dangerously low.

I told myself that I was going to step in. I would stop my best friend before things got too out of hand...

But not yet. I desperately needed to know where London was, and if scaring Ginger was what it took to find that out, I was going to have to hope she would forgive me with time.

But it turned out, her forgiveness was not needed, because the short, chubby college girl stood her ground as if she was one of the professional fighters we trained with. "Or?"

I watched as a flicker of confusion crossed Ash's face.

"Normally, when you threaten someone-" She started, her voice calm and even, as she explained the proper way to threaten another person to someone who is not currently in jail for assault and fighting because we had the best lawyers in the world backing him up. "-you finish it with a dreadful consequence. For example, back the fuck away from me, before I knee you so hard, you'll need an oral surgeon to locate your balls."

Ash's face twisted into a look of fury. "You-"

"I won't tell you where she is. Don't waste your breaths." Ginger cut him off, calmly taking a step back and around a fuming Ash. "She is my best friend and this is for her own good. You need to move on and let her live her life how she wants it - and that is without you."

"That decision should've been discussed by two people, not just her."

She squinted at me as she hummed. "Uh... Actually, London can make her own fucking decisions. And now it's up to you to respect it."