Chapter 43. - Dark Hole

A/N: Welcome back! This one is dedicated to pettyblackgirl ! Thank you for the love and support!

***

*London*

I told him I wasn't feeling well. While sending the half-hearted text mad my stomach turn, it was better than the alternative - which was to face Lukas LaBelle and ask him how the fuck could he keep something like this from me?!

I was furious, confused, devastated, and fucking broken.

One moment, I was sneaking around on dates with the man of my dreams - the one I've fantasized about since I started getting boobs - and the next everything was ripped away. First my freedom, and now his.

And I had no idea how to fix any of it.

So instead, I resorted to what I always did in situations like these. I ran home and called my two best friends.

***

*Lukas*

London: I'm not feeling well. Went home. So sorry.

I frowned at my phone, reading the lines over and over until my silence became too obvious and Ash leaned over my shoulder. "She left your ass already?!" He snorted, his amusement ticking me off.

"Not funny, Ash," I growled. She was just fine - smiling and helping Natalie out with the food. There wasn't a single thing I could see wrong with her.

And suddenly, she just up and left?!

I pushed to my feet, heading in the direction of the house. But before I could step inside, Jesse blocked my path. "Where are you going? Is everything ok?"

"Not now, dude. Have you seen London?"

His expression changed at the mention of her name, his back straightening. "She left a few minutes ago. Said she was coming down with something."

I narrowed my eyes at him. "Did she look like she was 'coming down with something'?!"

Jesse shrugged, but wouldn't meet my gaze. "I'm not the best judge of that. You know women, though! Mysterious, unpredictable creatures."

I rolled my eyes. "Do you know of anything that would've made her leave? Was anyone mean to her? Maybe she saw something online?"

"Or maybe it's just that time of the month." When I shot him a murderous glare, he took a step back, raising his hands in the air in defense. "Or maybe she ate something bad and needed to lay down! How would I know?!"

Something in my gut was telling me Jesse was holding something back, but I didn't push it. "Fine. I'll just go find her, then."

"Don't bother - I got it!" Ginger, her redhead friend, pushed past me, hurrying through the door.

I aimed my stare at Jesse, who stood there with his hands shoved deep in his pockets. "Of course, you couldn't have stopped her!"

His dark gaze met mine. "Don't put this on me, Lukas. You want to talk to her? Call her. But she obviously needs some alone time right now."

"Alone time is all she will get once we leave on tour!" I snapped, raising my voice at one of my closest friends. "I have three fucking days left with her and I just lost one of them."

I moved around him, and before he could reach an arm out to stop me, I added. "Don't worry. I'm not going after her. I'm going home." I snorted when his body relaxed, letting me pass.