Alastor 💗 Talk to me

- Quiet Reader
- Gender Neutral
~♡~

You walked down the lobby of the hotel, carrying some paperwork you helped Charlie with. Your eyes darted down to the page, reading over what you had written. You narrowed your eyes at your handwriting; A messy mix of cursive and print covered the page.

You were reading over the notes when suddenly you bumped into someone, making you stumble back and drop everything you were holding. You quickly dropped down to the floor to pick up the papers, glancing up at the demon you ran into.

Alastor stood above you, a concerned look on his face. Once he caught your eye, he quickly smiled and bent down to help you. "(Y/n) my dear! I sincerely apologize." You bit your lip, avoiding his gaze as you gathered the rest of the papers. He handed a sheet back to you, grinning. You looked up at him quizzically, wondering why he wasn't mad.

"You should really be more careful, darling. Someone else might've torn you apart over some silly little thing like this." He still had that smile on his face. You nodded, holding the papers close to your chest. His smile softened, becoming more genuine. "You won't defend yourself much either, will you? Well, let me know if there's anyone I need to kill for you, darling."

Your lips twitched up into a smile, which seemed to make him happy. He started to walk away, and you almost said something to him. Almost.

Alastor turned the corner, leaving you alone in the hall. You sighed. 'I should probably talk to him at some point, he's been awfully nice to me...' You thought, though your fears got the best of you. You stepped quickly down the hall in search of Charlie.

...

"Wow (Y/n)! These are great! Thanks so much!" Charlie was grinning, her positivity shining brightly. You smiled and signed her a small 'thank you'. Vaggie smiled at you and Angel Dust looked you over. "I think she's trying to steal your girl, that was totally a kiss- HEY!" Vaggie jabbed her elbow into his arm. "That's sign language dumb a-"

You laughed and turned to Charlie. "Thank you." You mumbled, smiling. Her face brightened. "Y-You're welcome." She said, slightly flustered. Hearing your voice was a rarity, but she was attempting not to make a big deal out of it.

You were on your way back to your room, peering out the large windows as you walked past. It was getting dark (Well, darker than usual) Meaning night was falling. You were about to step inside your room when you felt someone's eyes on you.

You turned quickly on your heel, catching Alastor staring at you from his room's entrance. You had caught him gazing, making him flustered. You smiled, looking up at him. He smiled nervously before starting to unlock his door. As shy as you were, you really didn't want him to go. For once, you had something to say.

He began to walk in,  and almost on impulse the words escaped your lips. "A-Alastor..!" Your voice wasn't as confident as you would've liked it, making your cheeks heat up in embarrassment. You were almost afraid he didn't hear you, but the tall demon quickly turned around, a surprised expression written all over his face.

"I- erm, Yes? What is it darling?" He tried to play it off, but you were just glad be answered. You walked over to him, stopping in front of him.
You looked up at him, but when he returned your gaze your eyes fell back to the floor. "Um..." you mumbled, once again at a loss for words. 'Of course.' You thought, a fallen look on your face.

Luckily, Alastor saved you from your struggle. "Take your time dear. Why don't you come in?" He held the door open, smiling genuinely. You nodded, still embarrassed by how hard it was for you to form such simple sentences.
Alastor on the other hand was stunned. He hadn't heard your voice before, and it was just as soft and sugar coated as he had imagined. With your soft demeanor, it was hard to believe you'd end up in Hell.

You stepped inside, watching Alastor as he sat down on the bed. He patted the velvet red sheets next to him, and you reluctantly sat down next to him. "Now, did you need something? If not, of course that would be fine. You make for such lovely company." Your cheeks heated up, and you mumbled something inaudible. One of his fluffy ears lifted up higher.

"I'm sorry, what was that?" He watched you struggle to speak up and waited patiently. "I said...you're not making this easy..." you laughed nervously, speaking louder this time. He cocked his head to the side, letting out a laugh. "What's that supposed to mean?" You shrugged, looking down again. "I'm sorry, this must be as annoying as it is embarrassing. I'm not very talkative." You smiled to yourself, looking up to see his expression.

"You're doing fine, darling." His smile doesn't seem to fade, does it? It's contagious. You turned sideways to face him, your leg brushing against his. "I-I wanted to say thanks." You stated, projecting false confidence (which still wasn't much louder than your original tone). "Thanks?" He asked. "Yes. For...um...for..." your mind went blank, all of the words disappearing.

He waited for your reply, but you had given up on it. You simply leaned against his arm, sighing. He looked down, blushing. He raked his hands through your hair, making you nuzzle closer into him. He leaned back on to the bed, making you fall with him. You moved closer until you two were practically cuddling, your face buried in his chest.

You breathed in a familiar smell of cinnamon and yawned. "Oh, if you're tired, I don't mind taking you across the hall." He offered, an admirable, gentleman-like approach to the situation. You shook your head. He smiled, wrapping his arms around you and sighing. "Alastor?" You mumbled.

He perked up almost immediately. "Yes?" "Thanks for being nice to me." You yawned again, your eyes threatening to close. He grinned. "Of course, you're a doll. I don't want anyone hurting someone with such beautiful intent." You smiled, giving in and shutting your eyes. Even without saying anything, he could tell you felt better. That was the most he had heard you talk since you came to the hotel, and frankly he was excited to listen more. To Alastor, your voice was the best thing since the Roaring 20's radio shows.

Your breathing slowed and you relaxed in his arms. Alastor wrapped his arms tighter around you, kissing your forehead. "Beautiful dreams, (Y/n)." You mumbled something soft, but Alastor heard you loud and clear this time. He grinned. "I love you too, darling."

~♡~

Guess my favorite characters, they're so obvious it hurts T^T not gonna lie, this whole book might only consist of these two ,_, oops 💕