Chapter Twenty Seven

We finally reveal the play, although most of you seemed to be able to guess. But I believe it was fairly easy to guess which one it was.

*** REWRITTEN ***

Life with the Blake Brothers

Chapter Twenty Seven

Lexi’s POV

“Gather up your brothers and bring them to the backyard.” I told Trevor as he nodded and ran up the stairs yelling for the boys. There were slight groans that I could hear from downstairs but paid no attention to them and led Trenton to the backyard. I knew the boys wouldn't want to do this, but I would make them anyway. Trent and I really needed them to be on their best behaviors for this play. It was pretty much our entire grade. "Are you ready, because you get the honors of telling them." I told Trent.

Trenton held the scripts in his hands. He took a seat on the porch steps and started to skim through the play. We had written a couple different versions of this play. Either we thought we could make it better or we just thought it was really bad.

“Maybe you should just tell them, they wouldn’t kick your ass.” Trent said handing me the paper with the cast list and backing away with his hands raised. "I like my ass intact thank you very much. And plus if they even tried to hurt you, Mason would beat the hell out of them."

“You’re just scared of them.” I teased.

“Umm, yeah. Everyone is, and damn Lexi you have them all whipped.” He laughed.

“We are not whipped.” A chorus of male voices sounded from behind us. And there stood all eight of the Blake boys.

“Yeah right.” He mumbled quiet enough so only I could hear. The boys stood waiting for the news they were called down for. They stood in a straight line all facing us.

“Well?” Kyle asked, “What play is it?”

“You’ll love it!” I smiled, “But y’all have to promise me that no matter what the play it is that you’ll do it.”

They looked skeptical at first but slowly nodded their head. “No, promise me.” I said.

“We promise.” They chorused.

“We’re putting on,” I paused for dramatic effect. “Snow White!”

It was dead silent, not even the crickets were chirping. The boys stood in front of us mouths open and eyes wide. They just stood there, not saying anything. “What are we going to be? The dwarves?” Michael asked with a small chuckle until he noticed I wasn’t laughing and groaned. “Dammit Lexi, we are not playing dwarves for the whole high school to see.”

“Language Michael," I warned him but then said, "It’s not the whole high school, just the rest of our class and parents can come. It’s not even going to be video taped so y’all have nothing to worry about.” I said, “Plus y’all promised me you would do it, so you have to.”

“We could always just break you’re promise.” Trevor said crossing his arms in front of his chest.

“No you can’t.” Oliver and Mason chorused.

“Yeah, never break a promise with Lexi.” Xavier told Trevor who looked confused. Trevor looked at Jayden questioningly but Jayden just shrugged his shoulders.

“And why not? Jayden asked.

“Because Lexi’s a bitch to be around when she is angry. Especially for breaking a promise.” He chuckled, “Mason learned that lesson the hard way."