Chapter Two

Dedicated to Kutekittycat101 who made me the cover at the top! Thank you so much!

***REWRITTEN***

LIfe with the Blake Brothers

Chapter Two

Throwing the last of the suitcases into the trunk of the car, the boys stood over on the side, playing rock paper scissors. They all stood in a circle, their heads bent downward and there hands in the middle of the circle.

"What are you doing?" I ask stepping up next to Oliver and watching as he loses.

"We're playing a game." He shrugs keeping his eyes locked on the boys' hands. I couldn't see around him to see what they were doing. But as soon as one of the boys would lose, they would shout their profanity and punch the person closest to them.

"I know that but why?" he looks at me and then back to the boys.

"Reasons." He shrugs and Mason jumps up in victory immediately beginning what I think is a victory dance.

And that is how we ended up in our current sitting positions. Matthew was driving, Michelle in the passenger seat, Mason and Xavier on either side of me then Kyle and Oliver sitting behind us. Being the winner of the rock paper scissors game, Mason, got to choose the seating arrangements.

"It's how we always do it." Xavier shrugged taking his spot in the car.

"We do it for everything." Oliver agreed and we took off down the interstate in the direction of the nearest airport.

"We've stayed in the same home, you should recognize everything." Michelle said buckling our seatbelts as the airplane began its descend into South Carolina. "I hope you'll feel welcome and the boys won't bother you too much."

I gave a laugh and said, "There boys Michelle, like that's going to happen. I've spent almost my whole life with them. It'll be alright." I gave Michelle a comforting smile but on the inside I was flipping out. Yeah, I grew up with them but I never spent the night more than one night in a row, I never had to spend full days with them. Yeah I love them all like brothers, but they still drive me insane.

"Come on Lexi, hurry up." An impatient male otherwise known as Kyle whined as I grabbed the last of my bags and started my trek up the driveway and into the familiar house I have grown to love and consider my second home. I was always welcome in the Blake household; no matter what time of day or even if anyone was home. It was my safe place, when there wasn't a bunch of boys running around and playing pranks of the helpless little girl.

"You're staying in your old room. Do you still remember where that is?" Kyle asked.

I managed a nod as I took in the same house most of my childhood memories took place in. The faint smell of cherries, which always seemed to be lingering and the sound of talking that always seemed to be happening in the Blake household.

Opening the door to my room I stand in awe as it is still the same as when I left it. The familiar purple walls greeted me. I took my first few steps in and stopped at the dresser. Pictures littered the edges of the mirror, me and the boys, me and my old dog Bubba, me and my father, and even some of me and my mother. Perfumes and make-up laid on top of the dresser and the drawers were still full of old clothes that probably wouldn't fit me anymore. Opening the closet I found boxes full of old memories, mostly my fathers and more pictures of me and the boys when we were younger playing at the beach or visiting their grandmother's lake house in Florida.