Chapter Twenty Two

*** REWRITTEN ***

Life with the Blake Brothers

Chapter Twenty Two

Mason's POV 

After the many chick flick movies that we just watched - courtesy of Lexi - we were cuddled on the couch, my fingers playing with her hair absentmindedly and she was gripping tightly onto my shirt as the last of her tears ran down her face. We had just finished watching Titanic and she always cried during this movie, even though she has already seen in a thousand times. 

"Why do you keep watching this movie if all it does is make you cry?" I asked. 

"Because I love this movie. They loved eachother and he's dead. It's romantic." 

I shook my head and kissed right above her ear. "You'll always be a hopeless romantic." 

"Damn straight." she laughed. 

A moment of silence over came us until she sat up abruptly and turned to me.  "When do you think they will get home?" she asked. 

"Couldn't say, it could be in a couple minutes, hours, and even all day. It's only 2 o'clock they're probably spending the whole day at the beach or something, you know how much mom loves the beach." I smiled. "Does it really bug you that bad to be alone with me?" I asked.

"No, it's actually kind of nice. Since I got here we haven't been able to just spend a whole day together. I just wish we could do something outside of the house. I haven't been bowling in a while and I kind of miss it." she confessed.

"Well then once a week we will make a Mason and Lexi day and we will do whatever we want starting with bowling." 

She smiled and nodded enthusiastically, "Sounds like a plan." 

"You're cheating!" she accused pointing her finger at me. 

"We're playing candyland how do you cheat at Candyland?" I asked. 

"I don't know but you're doing it, there is no possible way you could have beat me for the fifth time in a row." 

"Sixth." I muttered and stiffled a laugh when her head snapped towards me and her eyes narrowed. 

"What did you just say?"

"Nothing wifey, just call it luck, or you're really bad at Candyland."

"I am not bad at Candyland, you're just cheating!"

"How?" I asked.

"I don't know, but I will find out." She took her two fingers and pointed them at her eyes and then towards me. "I'm watching you."

"Whatever Lex, now let's put away this game before I beat you again."

"You can't!" she exclaimed, "I have to beat you at least once."

And she never did. We played another ten rounds until she gave up saying she will never ever win at Candyland and that we should just burn it. I laughed at this and shook my head, packing up the game and putting it away safely at the top of the game closet.

"Do you really have to leave soon? We only have a little while longer." I asked. Not answering me she just nodded her head and looked away. "Do you want to leave us?"

"Why would you think that?" she asked clearly hurt. She looked down at the floor and fingered the carpet.

"I don't," I placed my finger under her chin and lifted it up until our eyes locked. "I was just asking. I want to make sure you'll miss me as much as I'll miss you."