Chapter Twenty Three

*** REWRITTEN ***

Life with the Blake Brothers 

Recap of Chapter Twenty Two

I wanted to cry, I wanted to lock myself in my room and cry. I hadn’t realized just how much I liked him until he loved somebody else. I stood up and excused myself not wanting him to see the tears that were about to leave. But a hand enveloped my own and I was spun around. My back was slammed against the wall and his lips met mine. It was a soft and sweet kiss only lasting a few seconds.

“I love you Lexi and I know you feel something for me too.”

“And how do you know that?”

“Because, if you really wanted to get out of this house and away from me you would have used the window.”

Chapter Twenty-two:

Lexi’s POV

Deep down I knew what he said was true; I knew that I could have left through the window. I knew that if I really wanted to leave him I could, but I didn’t. And why didn’t I? Because I have feelings for my best friend and not just platonic feelings like I’m supposed to be feeling. I had the sudden urge to kiss him as my eyes fell down to his lips that were moments before attached to mine in such a loving kiss.

He was nervous, that I was sure of. He was fidgeting with his hands as I stood thinking, my eyes not leaving his. He was watching me carefully, waiting for me to leave him alone in the living room and break his heart. It was written all over his face and I’ve never seen him so vulnerable before.

“I like you Mason.” I said vaguely, “I don’t know if it’s love yet, but I definitely like you.” As soon as the words left his mouth he beamed and wrapped his arms around my waist before pecking me on the lips.

“You don’t know how long I’ve wanted to hear those words come out of your mouth. I’m okay that you don’t love me yet, but you will sweetheart, you will.”

“How can you be so sure?” I asked.

“Because we’re meant to be.”

I didn’t say anything in return as his lips pressed up against mine and I was shoved once again back into the wall. “Do you like slamming me against this wall?” I whispered against his lips. He chuckled and pecked my lips but didn’t answer.

“Like a good man once said, push her up against the wall and kiss her, chances are she’ll kiss you back.”

“A good man? Who was that your dad?” I asked.

“Xavier got it from a movie.” He smiled and looked away embarrassed.

“Is that who you were texting?” I asked him trying not to laugh to hard. He was asking his older brother for advice and that was sweet.

“Yeah.”

“And you asked for advice? Aw, that’s adorable.” I couldn't hold my laughs in, and he began to blush. I pinched his cheeks which only caused his blush to become more red. It was cute.

“Men aren’t adorable. They’re handsome or sexy. Take your pick.”

“Cute.” I teased.

“Men aren't cute either.” He grumbled and folded his arms over his chest.

“Good thing you aren’t a man then.”

He smirked and stalked towards me, grabbing me by the waist and throwing me down onto the couch before he pressed his body on top of mine. His lips were dangerously close to mine and his eyes flickered down towards my lips. But as he started moving closer to me, his lips landed on my neck right below my ear. “Men aren’t cute.” He whispered again kissing my neck. He nibbled on my earlobe and whispered, “We’re sexy.” He trailed his nose down my jaw and softly bit my shoulder, “We’re handsome.” He moved closer to my mouth but not yet reaching it. “You’re cute.” He stated kissing me hard on the lips.