Chapter 16

Dan's POV

An hour of tests. A few minutes of explaining. Then, she was sent off. "Emergency surgery" is all I heard. Arianna and Phil were sprawled out on the couch in the surgery waiting room. Considering it was now 11 at night, I wasn't surprised that we were the only people there. Arianna looked at me, her legs lying on the sleeping Phil's legs. 

"She picked PJ," Arianna blurted out. "What?" I asked, confused. "Megan picked PJ." Arianna had a small slip of paper in her hand. She crumbled it up and stuffed it in her pocket. Was that how she picked? Names on paper? I nodded and looked away, trying not to think about it. 

Arianna's POV

I looked at the small white slip of paper that had obviously been ripped from a notebook. 3 letters written in black ink. Dan. She picked Dan. That's what I wanted right? I wanted Dan and Megan to be together... didn't I? I did, but now.. it felt wrong. It felt like.. like I had something for him. Something to him made me want to get Megan out of the way. It made me want him all to myself. That made no sense though. I liked Phil. I still do. I like them both. 

"She picked PJ," I blurted out, mentally cursing at myself, while still mentally thanking myself. I shouldn't be doing this. Megan is my best friend. "What?" Dan look hurt and confused. "Megan picked PJ," I crumbled up the paper in my hand and stuffed it back in my pocket. That was it. Dan looked away, obviously hurt by the news. I sighed and got up, going to the seat beside Dan. I hugged him and he didn't hug back at first. Then, he accepted it and wrapped his arms tightly around me. When we pulled away, he looked me in the eyes, giving a small sad smile. I leaned forward and connected our lips.

Phil's POV

I woke up just as Arianna got up from the couch. She walked over to a chair behind me. I turned my head to see her hugging Dan. He hadn't fully accepted it yet. Then, he did and he hugged her tightly. It felt as if someone lightly pinched my heart. They pulled away and before I knew it, their lips were connected in a kiss. Now, it felt like someone had punched my heart. That someone was Dan. I stood up glaring. "Hope you're having fun. I'm going to get some food," They broke apart as soon as they heard my voice. As I walked away, I heard Dan call my name. I turned around the corner and leaned against it. I let out a heavy sigh. No more than a minute later, Dan came around the corner and my glare returned. 

"First, my sister and now Arianna?" I growled out, admitting that I saw them kiss. "Wait- your sister?" Dan asked. "Don't play dumb. I saw you two kiss," I crossed my arms. Dan sighed. "Phil, listen to me. Megan and I both like each other. Nothing will happen between us though because she has picked someone else. Arianna kissed me. I don't like her like that, Phil!" Dan pleaded out. I sighed, sliding down the wall, bringing my knees close to my chest. I put my face in my hands. I could already see Dan's nervous lip bite and him messing with his fingers. "I'm sorry, Phil," I heard him say. "Just leave," I mumbled in response.

Dan's POV

"Just leave," Phil mumbled, face in his hands. I sighed, sadly, and walked back to the waiting room. Arianna looked at me as I walked in. She was about to speak when I held my hand up. "Don't even dare," I mumbled, sitting across the room from her. I couldn't believe her. She sighed and pulled that small crumbled up piece of white paper out of her pocket again, throwing it at me. I looked at her confused as it landed in my lap. 

"Look at it." Arianna said, looking ashamed. I opened the paper, reading the name written on it. Dan. "What's this?" I asked, still staring at the paper. "She didn't know who to pick so we wrote names on paper and she had to pick one out of a hat. She chose your name." Arianna admitted, looking away. "So, she didn't pick PJ?" Arianna looked over at me. "No, it was you.. It was always going to be you," Arianna spoke softly. She had lied. Megan picked me... She picked me.

[Edit from 2017: Dear god, Dan is an unintentional hoe. Also, a lot of you commented saying that you thought Phil was upset because he liked Dan, buuuut nah. The whole story line is pretty much phan free. Sorry to disappoint. Gotta go check out my phan story 2 Disney Princes for that quality goodness.]