Chapter 5

I had woken up to bright lights and white walls. Wait, am I dead? Is this heaven? Oh, who am I kidding.. I'd be in hell. That's when my eyes focused well enough to see the machines. I looked around at my surroundings. Looks like a hospital. Oh yeah..

 Dan nor Phil were in the room. Great. My own brother doesn't even come to visit me in the hospital. The door opened and I saw Dan walk in with a bag of food from McDonald's. 

"Dan?" I asked, my voice cracking. He noticed the voice crack and gave me his drink. I laughed under my breath, "Thanks.." He nodded and sat down in the chair. "Where's Phil?" I asked, quietly. Dan looked back at me, "Home. In his bed. Being a little ball of sadness." I looked down at my hands and noticed my bandaged wrists. "Oh," I said, feeling guilty. 

"You really scared us, Meg," Dan told me and I nodded. "I'm sorry," I spoke, still looking down at my hands. "Phil's the one you really need to be saying sorry to. Imagine thinking your sister stop cutting ages ago then seeing her with a bloody wrist and empty pill bottle." Tears welled up in my eyes. "I know," I mumbled. 

"You're lucky you aren't going to be put in a mental ward. The doctor told Phil that you're anorexic. You cut and they obviously saw that. You tried to kill yourself and that's the whole reason you're here. They should already be filling out the paperwork to get you sent to the mental ward, but you got lucky," Dan growled out. Tears were now falling down my cheeks. I looked over at Dan. 

"I know," He was looking at me as tears continued to stream down my face. Dan sighed and got up, walking over to the bed to sit next to me. He wrapped his arms around me and I returned the favor, burying my face in his chest. I leaned away after a few seconds. "Dan?" Dan pulled away and looked at me, "Yeah?" I sighed, "Please. Save me from myself." 

 Dan went home to make Phil come to the hospital. We all three sat in awkward silence. "I'm sorry," I finally admitted. Phil was looking at the ground. "You told me you stopped," He mumbled. "Yeah..." I ran my hand through my hair. "You didn't tell me about any of it," Phil said. "Well, I didn't want you to feel guilty- just like last time," I admitted. Phil nodded, still looking at the ground. "Would you please look at me?" I asked. Phil lifted his head up, tears at the brim of his eyelids. I sighed, "I'm sorry."

[Edit from 2017: God, this is cheesy and cliche.]