Chapter 3

I had told Dan about my eating disorder. Really, I think he overreacted. He went in the kitchen and got food. He put the plate of food on the coffee table in front of me. "Dan.." I shook my head at the food. "I'm trying to help you get better. Now eat, please. At least a little," I reluctantly grabbed the plate of food and took a bite. I heard a door open down the hall. My eyes widened and I turned to Dan. 

"You can't tell Phil." I looked at Dan with the best puppy dog eyes I could make. He nodded and I turned back, looking at the hall. Phil suddenly emerged and I gave a fake smile. "Hey there." I said, stuffing some of the food in my mouth. "Aren't you supposed to be at uni?" Phil questioned. "Uh-" Dan cut me off, "She didn't feel very well, so she took a sick leave for the day." Phil nodded and walked into the kitchen. "Thanks," I mumbled, moving the fork around the plate full of food. "No problem, just eat." I groaned and took a bite. 

I really didn't want Phil to find out. He knows that I self-harmed. -Ed. Past tense. He doesn't know that I have been recently. I don't want a replay of last time. He couldn't stop crying and he blamed himself. I didn't want him to blame himself because really, he is the best brother I could ever ask for. Thankfully, Dan has decided to keep it a secret, which is really surprising considering he tells Phil everything. 

"MEGAN," I heard from Phil's room. "PHILLIP," I yelled, walking into his room. "I'm doing a YouNow and I think you should join me." Phil said, excitedly. "Um- I'm not sure I really shou-" Phil cut me off, "please, my dear, sweet little sister." He pleaded. I laughed and hesitantly agreed. His fans hated me. Well, thankfully not all of them, not even most of them, but it still seemed to be a lot of them. They always thought, for some weird reason, that I was flirting with Dan. I don't think their thoughts of me have changed any. 

Phil finished setting his laptop up to broadcast and tweeting that he was going live. The screen showed us and people started joining like crazy. Instantly, Phil was trending. I sat in the background, watching the chat blow up with Phil's fans saying 'hi' and 'hey' and all the forms of 'hello'. Then, it got to the good part where people noticed me in the background. I saw a few people in the chat saying some bad things about me, not anything I hadn't already heard, but it still hurt.  

I sighed, "I don't think this was such a good idea, Phil." Phil looked back at me, "Why?" I looked away, "Nevermind. Forget it." Phil looked back at the computer screen, oblivious to what had just happened. "I'll be back," I said with tears threatening to spill out of my eyes. I quickly walked to the living room where Dan sat, already looking at me. I saw Dan's laptop sitting on the coffee table and I heard Phil's voice spill out from the speakers. He already knew that I was coming in here to see him. "What's going on, M?" He asked, patting the spot on the couch beside him. I sat down, wrapping arms around his torso and burying my face in his chest. The tears spilled from my eyes. "They say such awful things," I sobbed out. Dan sympathetically rubbed my back. I felt Dan lean up a little. I didn't know what he was doing, and I didn't care to look. 

About a minute later, I heard Phil announce that he got a text message on the YouNow and I knew what Dan had done. "No, guys! I'm not reading my private text messages to thousands of people," Phil laughed out before unlocking his phone and starting to read the text message. I lifted my head from Dan's chest and looked at the computer screen, just in time to see Phil's face drop. "Uh- I might need to end this short, you guys," There were many protests in the chat. 

"Sorry, guys." 

The broadcast ended. 

[Hello, it's the author in 2017 (this was written in 2014 for all of you who don't know). So, let me tell you. I was an angsty little 13 year old who literally wrote about the worst things in life. In no way am I saying that if this were real life, all of you would hate Megan (I originally had it as all the fans, not just a significant amount). Also, she originally had both anorexia and bulimia, and I thought that was excessive on my part. I mean, I'm sure that there are people with both, but I think this story needs less things to make it sad and angsty. We already have self-harm, bullying, anorexia, and way more stuff as we go through the trilogy, so I decided to take that out. If you happen to notice that I missed something that says she had bulimia, this would be the reason that it says that. Okay, I didn't mean for that to be so long. Stay strong. xx]