❝ i'm serious ❞ - Y. TADASHI

❝ i'm serious ❞ by day6

i’m serious
my eyes say that i like you
why don’t you feel it?
my face is so obvious

Enjoy reading!

---------------

"Yamaguchi-san." You, who had just arrived the classroom, called out as softly as you could, though the man still flinched from his seat, stopping whatever he was writing on his notebook as he looks up to you, who was standing before him, beaming, sending a pinkish hue across his cheeks.

"[Y–YL/N]-san? Did you need something?" He asked, his eyes roaming around the classroom but to you.

"Tsukishima-san isn't around. Why is that?" He visibly flinched at the question, still refusing to meet with your eyes as he responds, "Tsukki's sick so I think he won't be here for a while." Remembering that his best friend won't be able to accompany him made him unconsciously sigh.

"Oh, is that so?" Your smile widened, obviously pleased with the answer, though he failed to notice thus, "Then, Yamaguchi-san, I would like to have lunch with you later, would that be fine?" You made sure to give emphasis on specific words, enough to make him finally look at you, surprised.

Did he get the message?

"A–are you serious?" He questioned, earning a nod from you, "If you don't mind with me, then I'd like—" Your heart skipped a beat out of joy, ready for a happy outburst which was stopped when he continued, "—to eat lunch with you, too, I guess."

"You guess..?"

So he didn't get the message.

He noticed that you no longer gave him a response and was frowning, which made him panic, "I–I'm sorry, [YL/N]-san! Did you want me to decline?"

"No, no! Please no!" You grinned at him. Just as you were about to say something, the bell rang. "Lunch together, okay?" You gave a light tap on his shoulder before you went to your seat which was far from his.

The rest of the subjects, you were spacing out, thinking of other ways to say that you liked him without being too direct about it.

In truth, since classes started, you've always liked him. Although Tsukishima did have an undeniably great presence, you still noticed Yamaguchi. You wanted to approach him, but you couldn't because he was always with Tsukishima. However, when there was a trio project and you were grouped with Tsukishima and Yamaguchi, you somehow became closer to Yamaguchi, thus you were able to tag along with them. You planned on confessing for a while now but knowing how he was always with Tsukishima, you couldn't do it.

Now that he's absent for a day or more, this was your chance.

You didn't notice that it was lunch break already until he tapped your shoulder, which immediately caught you attention.

"[YL/N]-san? You seemed to be spacing out, are you okay?" He looked genuinely concerned for you, to which you replied with a smile.

"I'm fine, sorry, I didn't notice the time! Sit here, Yamaguchi-san." You pulled the seat beside you to your table, "I–I'll just sit here." He sat himself to the one in front of you, much to your disappointment.