Chapter Twenty-Seven

"No you don't." I said as I watched a single tear roll down his check.

He nodded his head and looked into my eyes. "Yes, I do."

"No you don't." I repeated.

"You have no fucking right to tell me what I do and do not feel. I love you okay? Nothing you can say would change that. I love you."

"Why?" I asked trying to hold back tears of my own.

"Why not?" He retorted.

"Luke, you can't still love me after what I did. I slept with Max knowing how you felt. I didn't care because all I cared about was Max."

"I forgive you for that. Why can't you forgive yourself?"

"Luke, you deserve so much better." I said as a few tears started rolling down my cheeks. Luke was trying desperately to stop my tears as they fell.

"And you deserve so much better than Max. Why don't you see that?" He asked and I shrugged my shoulders. "Kimmy, you need to know how much I love you. You deserve to given the world."

"I kissed Ashton." I said out of nowhere.

"I know, I told you; he told me everything. So I know you're lying when you treat me as though you hate me."

"I don't hate you Luke." I said softly. Luke still had his hands on my face and my face was starting to burn because electricity was coming from his hands.

"Then why won't you let me love you?" Luke said as he started crying.

I raised a trembling hand to wipe his tears. "You deserve so much better." I said again and Luke shook his head and closed his eyes.

"That's why you're perfect because with you I don't get 'better' I get the best." Luke said smiling through his tears.

"Luke, even if we do this how is it gonna work? You live in Australia."

"We'll make it work. Just please tell me you'll try." He pleaded with me.

"Luke."

He got on his knees and scooted closer to me. He was so close I could see that he didn't get to shave this morning. He raised a hand to cup my cheek and moved closer to me; all the while his eyes never leaving mine.

"Luke, please don't." I tried one more time.

He glanced down at my lips then back up at my eyes. He gave me a small smile and the next thing I felt was the cold metal of his lip ring on my lips as he kissed me softly.

If I thought I felt fireworks when Max kissed me, the only explanation I had for what I felt now was grenade.

Grenades were going off in my head, in my liver, in my stomach...

Grenades were going off everywhere and I wasn't kissing him back.

I gave up and wrapped my arms around his neck and pulled him closer to me. I felt him smile when I kissed him back and his hands moved down to pull my legs across his lap.

"You have shorts on." He said smiling against my lips.

"What?" I asked slightly confused.

"I can feel your legs." Luke giggled pulling away from me.

"Oh my God! You're so cute." I said pushing his hair out of his eyes.

He smiled and tugged at my top connecting our lips again.

I loved kissing Luke. I loved how our lips moved in sync with each other. I ran tongue over his lip ring just because I liked the feel of the cold metal. Luke giggled and pulled away again.