Chapter Twelve

Max's POV

I was at the end of the hall way when I heard the bathroom door open. When I looked up I forgot to breathe.

She looked amazing. The little black dress she was wearing highlighted her body perfectly. I don't know what she did with her hair but I was loving it.

The way she looked made me hate the fact that tonight was the last night I'd be able to see her, or touch her, or kiss her.

I was after all; Max from The Wanted and my band was going on tour so there was no way this was going to work out. Something died in me when I realized that and I made a mental decision that I would make the most of tonight.

"Do I look okay?" She asked pulling down her dress. I smiled and stepped up to her.

"You look perfect." I said cupping her face and bringing her lips to mine.

She smiled into the kiss and one of my hands buried itself in her hair and the other one was on her waist.

I was already late but the party was the last thing on my mind. She slipped her tongue in my mouth and I pulled her closer and placed my hand on the small of her warm back.

I froze and pulled away from her and spun her around.

"Where's the back of your dress?" I asked spinning her back to face me.

"It came like this." She said giggling and walking on her room to put on shoes.

I followed slowly behind her and admired how the dress looked on her.

That was too much skin for me to remain focused tonight.

***

"Finally!" Nathan said as I walked up to them. The place was packed and the music was loud but all I could think about was the way Kimmy's skin felt under my hand.

"It was her fault." I said putting my hand around her shoulder.

"No it wasn't. He came to my apartment an hour ago to tell me I should get dressed.

"Isn't that cute?" Jay said smiling at me. "Can I borrow your girlfriend for a dance?" He asked pulling her away and into the crowd of people that were dancing in our living room.

"So, you and the waitress huh?" Tom asked nudging me and pointing his chin to Kimberly and Jay who were dancing a bit too close for my liking.

"What?" I asked looking at him.

"You and the waitress Max. Are you guys like a thing or..." Nathan and Siva had moved to talk to some agents.

"I really like her." I said looking over my shoulder and smiling at Kimmy. What was happening to me?

"Yeah, we kinda get that. But like, is she okay with tour and everything. I mean we'd be gone for a year. Is she going to wait that long? Do you expect her to wait that long?"

"I don't know. I mean, we're not together officially or anything."

"What? But you guys make out like, all the time. And let's not talk about the way you look at her."

"How do I look at her?"

"Let me paint you a picture; since you two got here you haven't stopped stealing glances at her. So, what's really going on between you two?"

I sighed and ran my hand over my face. "I don't know. Look, I'll see you later." I said walking away and pushing myself through the crowd of people that were grinding on each other.