Chapter Six

Kimberly's POV

"I thought you'd never lock up." I heard a deep voice say and I screamed and dropped the keys to the store.

"Oh, shit! I didn't mean to sacred you."

I turned around to see Max standing behind me.

Since I'd met him and his band just a little over three months ago he was popping up at my workplace ever so often. I mean, sometimes he'd come with the rest of his band but most times he was alone.

"What are you doing here?"

"I thought I'd take you to a movie." He shrugged.

"It's really late and I need to rest. I've been working all day." I said shrugging into my sweater.

"Do you even go out?"

"I rarely have time to go out." I said walking in the direction of my apartment.

"And your boyfriend is okay with you guys just not going out?" He asked jogging to catch up with me.

"Is that your way of finding out my relationship status?" I asked turning around making him stop in his tracks.

"Is that your way of telling me you have no boyfriend?" He asked smiling at me.

"No." I said and he smiled before a look of confusion came over his face.

"No; that's not your way of telling me or no; you don't have a boyfriend?"

"I don't have a boyfriend." I said glancing at him from the side.

"So what do you do for fun?"

"What are you doing?" I asked as I quickened my pace.

"Talking to you." He said like it was obvious.

"No, I mean what you doing here, now, with me."

"I believe I'm walking you home." He said glancing around at his surroundings.

"Why have you seen me so much these last couple months?"

"Because I like you."

"But you're Max George." I said turning into my apartment building.

"I don't quite see your point." He said as we started walking up the stairs.

"I mean, you're famous and I'm a waitress."

"So, I shouldn't like you then?"

"It just seems unnatural." I said stopping at my door.

"You didn't answer my question."

"What question?"

"What do you do for fun?"

"Watch MTV with Emma and Dylan."

"Who're they?"

"My neighbours." I said opening the door.

"Maybe I could come sometime?"

"Uh..." I said unsure of what to make of his offer. I was really tired and I probably wasn't thinking clearly.

"If that's too much we could just catch a movie sometime." He suggested and I nodded.

"That would be nice." I said smiling as I backed into my apartment.

"I'll see you later then." He said stepping forward to place a kiss on my cheek.

He smiled at me one more time before turning and walking down the stairs.

When I shut my door my phone started ringing immediately.