Chapter Twenty-Four

I gripped the front of his sweater as I felt one his hands travel down to rest on my butt.

He pulled away and rested his head against mine. "Now be honest with me." He breathed out. "What were you thinking about during that?"

"Luke." I whispered looking up at him. He smiled and turned around to push the emergency button on the elevator. I'd forgotten we weren't even moving.

"So don't tell me you don't think you can love anyone else."

I stepped up to him and hit him playfully with one of my shoes. "You couldn't just say that? You had to kiss me?"

He laughed and shrugged. "I had to take one for the team."

"I don't know how to tell Luke." I whispered looking up at him.

"We'll worry about that later. They're all gonna be waiting in your room because they were calling you all night and you weren't answering. Well... Luke is going to be waiting in your room."

"I don't have my bag!" I cried in a panicked tone as I realized I didn't see my bag since last night.

"I have it don't worry. What you need to worry about is hiding that from Luke." He said pointing to the deep purple mark on my neck.

"Stupid bitch Calum made me cut my hair." I grumbled making Ashton laugh.

"Here, take this." He said tossing his sweater at me as the elevator doors opened.

I handed him my shoes and walked out the elevator, slipping the sweater over my dress.

"Oh thank God!" Luke said with a sigh of relief when Ashton and I walked into the room.

"Where were you all night?" He asked taking my face in his hands and Turing it from side to side as if he was checking for bruises.

"Luke." I said pulling my face away from him. "I'm fine."

"Where were you?" He asked and I nervously glanced up at Ashton.

"Nowhere." I said quickly hoping he would just drop it.

"You're lying." Luke said looking at me. I heard Ashton make a sound and I glanced up at him again.

"You're hiding something. Kimmy, where were you? Did something happen?" I just stood there looking at him and unable to answer.

"Is it about Max? It's about Max isn't it?" Luke asked getting nervous.

"Luke, not now." I groaned trying to push past him.

"Ashton?" I heard him say and I spun around to glare at Ashton.

"What happened Ashton?" Luke asked looking at Ashton who was looking at me.

My eyes were telling Ashton to shut the hell up.

“Ashton.” Luke repeated, this time with more authority in his voice. “What happened?”

"Tell him, I don't care anymore." I said turning and walking into the bedroom.

***

Ashton's POV

I didn't lie to Kimberly; I really didn't leave her at the bar last night. I saw her face when she saw Max and I just thought she needed space. So I felt her and went to the bathroom. I needed some space.

I got in the bathroom and gripped the sides of one of the sinks and took a sharp intake of breath and dropped my head. I was trying to wrap my mind around what just went on between me and Kimberly a few moments. I almost kissed her.