seven

"At practice she would fatigue a lot easier than normal, I'd get out of my car to go meet them and see her sitting in the middle of the field as everyone stood around her for huddle, and she just told me she was tired" Noah spoke for me as I held his hand tightly, not knowing when Luke was going to poke me.

"I feel horrible, the first month I would yell at her, call her lazy, accuse her of being depressed, because she wouldn't help around the house, she was always sleeping, and barely talking" he mumbled lightly, making me give his hand a small squeeze.

"She had been having-" he paused, looking to me instead of the doctors.

"Do you want me to say this?" He asked, making me laugh lightly, looking to Ashton.

"Period problems" I spoke for him, knowing Ashton was probably more than used to talking to girls about their periods.

"I wanted to get her birth control, but she didn't want to go to the doctor, so we ignored it. Then one day she was at practice in leggings and a shirt, and she lifted her shirt and I noticed that she was like majorly bloated" he spoke slowly,

"So I asked her about it when she got into the car and she told me that she had recently noticed a lump, which raised all the flags, so we started going to doctors and we got the news." He mumbled slowly.

"Small poke, okay?" I heard Luke mumble, making me stay looking away from him, and I felt a poke, but it certainly wasn't a small poke.

It hurt, but I didn't announce that.

I squeezed Noah's hand, trying not to give any sign that it actually hurt, which seemed to work.

"Great job" Luke mumbled, taping it to my arm.

I didn't respond, still not looking to him.

"Okay, you're going to feel a rush of cold" he spoke slowly and just as said- I felt a rush of cold run through my arm.

"And now we wait thirty minutes and let it finish, just tell me if you get any dizzy spells or sickness, okay?" He spoke slowly, making me nod, keeping my eyes on Noah.

Luke kept my arm in his hold, rubbing his thumbs over the tape on my arm.

"It hurt?" Noah asked me quietly.

"Felt great" I spoke sarcastically, making Ashton immediately snort out a laugh.

"So no warning other than the lump and period problems?" He asked, making me look to Noah.

"No, not really- other than being tired, she acted like she felt great. She just had her on and off days" he spoke, rubbing his hand over my head slowly.

As the three of them talked, I actually did get tired- not to the point of falling asleep, but to the point of leaning on Noah, no longer worried about the fact that Luke was holding my arm.

Noah.

Luke, Ashton and I discussed Montana and all the hospitals and doctors we had went to before ending up here.

"Not to sound creepy, but we did tons of research and you had very good reviews, so we booked specifically to you" I told Luke, seeing him slowly nod before looking to Montana, the smallest smile coming to his face.

"She's zoned out" he spoke, but she didn't even hear it, she just stayed leaning against me, staring to the wall in front of her.

"I'm surprised she hasn't taken her arm from you yet" I spoke truthfully, looking to her limp arm, which laid across Luke's knee, the top of her hand resting in his own- which would usually be a big no no.

"The chemo acts as a relaxer, she's probably just thinking right now, she's not worried about anything we're doing" he spoke, making me slowly nod.

"If you don't mind me asking" he spoke slowly, and I knew what he was about to ask.

"How exactly did her doctor harass her?" He asked.

I didn't have a problem telling him, I'd prefer that he knew so he didn't do anything similar that would trigger her.

"I wasn't in there when it happened, I didn't even have custody of her at that time, she just spent the weekdays at my house and would go to her parents on weekends" I explained slowly.

"But she had an upper respiratory infection, so we took her to urgent care because it was Thanksgiving, no doctors offices were open and she was just miserable" I spoke slowly.

"I was sitting right outside the room, and I noticed it was taking fucking forever, but turns out he was in there, groping her, threatening her not to scream, shoving his hand down her pants, taking complete advantage of her" I spoke.

"I knew it was taking forever, so I decided to walk in, and I immediately saw him on top of her, her crying helplessly, immediately screaming my name as soon as she saw me." I pictured her facial expression in my head, the fear that you could read on her face.

"I beat the living fuck out of him right in front of her- which didn't help her in anyway, but I'd still do it" I felt my hands tightening into fists at the thought of him.

"And she completely changed- for a long time she wouldn't even let me hug her, she would lock herself in her bedroom, only associate with my ex girlfriend and sometimes her mom." I spoke.

"But we got her counseling, the therapist worked with her, we did family exercises and eventually she opened back up to me, but she still isn't the same" I spoke truthfully, kissing her head gently.

"He took a little bit of her with him that day, and he better hope to god I never see him again, because I will get it back."