three

"Okay, so I'm going to talk to Doctor Clifford about the assault, just so he's aware, you can change into the gown if you'd like, or we can just lift your shirt, but your jeans will need to be unbuttoned, but you can cover with a blanket." Luke spoke to her, making her slowly nod as he gave her a small smile before leaving us in the room.

She kept her back to me, looking to the bed.

"What do you want to do?" I asked her quietly.

"I'm keeping my clothes on" she spoke firmly.

"Okay" I nodded slowly.

"You can't leave me" she turned to me, her eyes full of water.

"Stop" I spoke quietly, pulling her into a hug.

"I'm not leaving you, I'm going to hold your hand the entire time" I assured her, kissing her head as she gave a brave nod, exhaling deeply.

She unbuttoned her pants, sitting on the bed where I covered from her hips down, watching her staying sitting up.

"You can lay down-" "not until I have to" she cut me off swiftly.

I nodded in agreement.

Soon Luke and Michael returned- giving nice smiles.

"Okay Montana" Michael spoke slowly, sitting in a chair beside her.

"This shouldn't take longer than ten minutes, if you feel uncomfortable, just tell me or grab my hand- or even push me, it doesn't matter" he told her, making her slowly nod.

"Okay, do you have any sensitivity in your lower stomach, like when it comes to touching?" He asked her.

"Not unless it's a lot of pressure" she spoke slowly.

"Okay, so I need you to tell me if you feel any pain, okay?" He asked her, making her slowly nod.

"Okay, whenever you're ready, you can lay down" Luke told her slowly.

She looked to me, making me move beside her to hold her hand before she laid flat, letting Michael lift her shirt the slightest amount.

I was surprised that she wasn't already crying.

She held my hand tightly, watching the two men working beside her.

"Okay, this may be a little cold" he warned her before touching a small stick to her stomach, making something immediately appear on the screen.

Everyone watched the screens.

He moved the stick across her stomach, making sure she was okay throughout the process.

Soon he was over what I knew was her ovaries due to the unusual lump in her stomach

The lump that made us know something was up.

And I knew this lump was painful for any contact- she was getting to the point that she hated wearing jeans because of it.

This made her look to me, squeezing my hand tightly.

I crouched to be level with her face as the two doctors mumbled to each other. 

"No tears" I whispered as one rolled down her cheek.

"I hate this" she whispered back, making me firmly kiss her hand."

"Almost over" I told her quietly- although I truly didn't know.

"She okay?" Michael asked, still focusing to the screen.

"I think so" I spoke back to him slowly, watching her bring her free hand to my own, making me hold both of her hands tightly.

"Right there" I heard one say, making me look to the screen.

I couldn't see anything out of the ordinary, but I didn't know what ordinary looked like, so I wasn't a good judge.

"Okay, we got what we need" michael spoke quietly, moving the stick and grabbing napkins, carefully wiping her stomach.

They left us so she could get situated and comfortable again,

I watched her stand as he buttoned her pants, her hand staying on the area after she did.

"It hurts?" I asked.

"I think it's just swollen, my pants are tighter" he mumbled out, making he sigh lightly.

Soon they came back in, sitting with us.

"So, we are going to get her a permanent room, and when we get into that and get you both situated, we can talk about where we go from here" Luke spoke, making me nod in agreement.

After about ten minutes of walking around, Luke brought us into a room, which Montana immediately began looking around in.

"So you guys get situated and comfortable, push the nurses button if you need anything and I'll be back in about thirty minutes" he smiled politely.

"Thanks" I smiled to him, making him nod before leaving.

As I dropped our bags, I looked to Montana, seeing her staring to her phone.

"They won the state championship" she mumbled

I knew what she was talking about

The was the co-captain of her schools soccer team, they were great- it was her life

Until she got sick

Until I had to take her across the country to get proper medical care.

"I'm sorry that you aren't there" I spoke as I watched her turn to the window, looking out of it.

"Why me?" Her voice cracked.

I walked up to her, pulling her into a backwards hug, making her let out her cries.

"I just want to be normal" she cried into my shoulder, making me close my eyes tightly- it was sad as hell.

"I want to play soccer, I want to go out with my friends- I want to be with my friends" she sobbed into me.

"You know what you have to do to get to that, right?" I whispered to her.

"Fight" she mumbled back to me quietly.

"Exactly"