two

She held my hand tightly into hers as he got her blood pressure.

She watched his every move.

"It's down a little more since when the nurse took it, I'd like it a little lower, but we'll wait about fifteen minutes and check it again" he spoke to both of us.

I kissed her head gently as he put his back to us, typing on his computer quickly.

"Do you mind if I listen to your heart and lungs?" He asked her slowly.

Her knee instantly started bouncing.

Just as I went to speak for her, he spoke again

"Here, let's do this." He suggested quietly.

"You hold the bell and just move it in the direction I tell you to so that I can hear, okay?" He asked her slowly, making her nod in agreement.

He was smart.

She took the bell, moving it to the exact spot he directed her to, stopping at one spot, making us all go silent.

"Perfect" he spoke, slowly taking it from her.

"Can I do your lungs or do you want us to figure something out?" He asked.

She swallowed, looking to me slowly

I gave her a confirmation nod.

"You can do it" and almost whispered.

He immediately touched it to her back, listening silently and thankfully, she remained calm.

"Amazing" he told her quietly, typing it all into his computer.

"I'm proud of you" I whispered to her, seeing the smallest smile make its way onto her mouth.

"Okay so, most of your files have been transferred, therefore I don't need to take any blood, I don't need any cat scans, I just need an ultrasound" he spoke slowly, and I knew that would be hard to get out of her.

"So how about we head that way, meet the ultrasound tech and go from there?" He asked, making me look to her.

She gave a lazy nod, slowly getting down from the bed, taking my arm into her own as we followed Luke down the hall hesitantly.

We followed him through multiple doors and hallways until we went into a dark portion of the hospital, filled with x-rays, machines, all kinds of shit.

"Ms.Montana, please meet Doctor Clifford, he is out Rad Tech and ortho surgeon here, meaning he can read all x-rays, ultrasounds, and sonograms while also being able to perform surgery on bones." He explained swiftly as a male turned around, an immediate smile on his face.

"Call me Michael" he spoke, shaking Montana's hand slowly.

"Montana" she mumbled back as he extended his hand to me

"Noah" I introduced before he turned his attention back to Montana and Luke.

"Montana has been diagnosed with Ovarian cancer, I just need an echo of her ovaries" like spoke simply.

"Okay" Michael spoke, acting as if this was the easiest thing they were going to do today.

I laughed lightly as they started setting up the machine, grabbing blankets to make her comfortable

If only they knew how hard this was actually about to be

I looked to her face- seeing pure worry and anxiousness

I hugged her tightly

"Trust me"