sixteen

Around ten, Irwin walked in with his normal smile.

"Ready for chemo?" He asked.

No, not at all.

"Sure" I lied,

He led us to the normal place, keeping conversation with us. 

"Where's Doctor Hemmings?" I asked, seeing Irwin smile

"He's already there setting everything up, and please, call us Ashton and Luke- you're going to be with us for a long time, no reason to keep it so formal." He smiled.

As soon as we entered the room, I saw luke making me aware of which chair was mine.

"Ready to get this over with?" He asked me, making me exhale as I sat in it.

"I guess so."

The four of us all chatted as we watched him prepare everything, putting his gloves on.

"Arm please, love" he spoke, making me slowly give him my arm.

"Okay so this poke is a bit more dramatic, this is going to stay in your arm so we don't have to poke you everyday, okay?" He spoke slowly.

"So like an IV?" I asked.

"Yeah, just no cords attached to it unless you're getting chemo, we call it a port." He informed me.

"Hurts a lot more?" I asked him as he wiped my arm gently.

"Just a bit more of a sting." He told me.

"Look towards Ashton for me" he spoke, making me look to him, feeling Noah grab my hand.

I immediately shut my eyes when I felt it, feeling Noah's grip tighten.

"Fuck" I exhaled, feeling as if the pain was shooting almost up my arm.

"It's over, it's over- you did amazing." Luke told me firmly, making me blink the tears that had accumulated away.

"Okay, you're going to feel the same cold rush."

I felt it, making me exhale.

"And now you have about thirty minutes." Be told me, snapping his gloves off before just holding my arm for me.

I let my body relax as they all talked.

"When's the first job interview?" The question towards Noah caught my attention.

"Thursday at two." He spoke swiftly.

Today was Tuesday.

I looked to him, seeing him smile.

"It's for a nightshift job, so I'll be here for all your chemotherapy and operations." He told me slowly, making me nod.

I knew he had to get a job, but the thought of that scared the shit out of me.

I suddenly felt a wave of dizziness, making me know- it was kicking in.

"Hannah Montana" I heard a familiar voice speak, making me open my eyes- seeing Austin, making me immediately laugh.

"Austin" I laughed out, seeing him smile.

He ended up in the chair right beside me, and he was nothing but pure entertainment.

Everything that came out of his mouth was funny.

Luke.

I listened to Austin and Montana chat back a forth, both of their personalities being extremely funny.

But I could tell, they liked each other.

Slowly the conversation died down and I could see both of their eyes closing.

"Dizzy?" I asked Montana slowly.

"Yeah" she spoke firmly.

"Only about ten more minutes." I told her, giving her hand a small squeeze.

"Montana" I heard Austin speak, making her hum.

"I bet you, you'll throw up before me." He spoke, making her laugh.

"What are we betting?" She asked.

"Loser buys snacks tonight."

We all laughed at the bet before we saw them look to each other.

"Deal"

Montana was soon finished, so I helped her stand.

"Make sure your bring your debit card tonight" Montana mumbled, making Noah laugh out as he moved to her side.

"Want me to carry you?" He asked her, making her immediately nod.

He picked her up, carrying her to her room, where Ashton immediately took her vitals.

Noah.

I watched as Montana hyper focused on her breathing.

"Montana, if you have to puke- just puke." I told her calmly, not wanting her holding it in and making her feel worse over a four dollar bet.

"Nope." She was being hard headed.

I soon followed her into the bathroom, where she sat in front of the toilet, but was still focused on just breathing.

I sat on the edge of the bathtub as she blinked slowly.

"The whole fucking bathroom is just spinning in circles." She told me, making me rub the back of her neck gently.

"You need to sleep" I told her.

She nodded in agreement, breathing out of her mouth slowly.

Soon Ashton entered, laughing lightly.

"I have never seen two more hard headed teenagers" he spoke, leaning against the doorframe.

"Is Luke watching him go make sure he isn't cheating?" She asked.

"Yes." Ashton laughed lightly.

Is this entertainment for cancer patients?

"Oh fuck" I heard Montana say.

"Just throw up, tana" I spoke.

She almost immediately threw up, immediately making me feel nauseated, but I caught her hair.

Ashton stepped in, wetting a rag and running it across her face as she puked.

I wish I could be that supportive of her in the moment, but damn it killed me.

I ended up leaving after Ashton assured me that it was okay.

Ashton.

I rubbed her back gently, wiping her mouth every few minutes.

"Fuck" she spoke, still gagging lightly.

I wiped a tear that ran from her eye.

Just as she puked again, Luke entered the room.

"You know" he spoke once she had stopped throwing up.

"It's wasn't really a fair bet considering you started your chemo fifteen minutes before him."