twelve

Noah.

Within fifteen minutes of me rubbing her back and watching Friends with her, she was back asleep.

Doctor Irwin and Hemmings entered maybe twenty minutes after that, smiling to her.

"How was the bath?" Hemmings asked.

"I think good- I helped her get dressed, but other than that she did everything alone." I told him, seeing him smile, nodding lightly.

"Well they will be waking her up for dinner in about thirty minutes, try to get her to eat everything, but of course we will take what we get." Hemmings told me, making me nod.

"Tomorrow we have her chemo scheduled for ten so we're going to let her sleep in. She will do one treatment a day until Friday, then we will do some more scans and blood tests and determine whether she is ready for surgery or not based off of those." Irwin told me, making me nod.

"I'm going to hook her blood pressure cup back up." I heard Hemmings speak, making me nod as he went to her left side, grabbing the cup and gently grabbing her arm, which almost immediately woke her up.

"No" she whined out, pulling her arm from him.

"I have to put the blood pressure cup back on you, so we can watch your vitals." He explained quietly.

"It wakes me up." She told him, making him exhale.

"But it's easy for you to go right back to sleep- we have to have this," he tried to explain to her slowly.

After several minutes of him and her quietly going back and forth, she eventually stuck her arm out to him, allowing him to put it on her.

"Thank you" he spoke swiftly as he tightened it to her arm, letting it get a reading, where he would leave it there to continue doing its job throughout the night.

"You might as well stay awake, they're bringing you dinner" Irwin told her as we watched her shift, trying to get comfortable.

"Tell them to skip me, I don't have much of an appetite, but thank you." She spoke quietly.

"No skipping" Hemmings voice spoke, watching her monitors.

"Just try to eat as much as you can, you need it."