seventeen

I helped her back to bed once she had confirmed that she didn't need to throw up anymore.

"It's best if you just sleep this off." I told her calmly.

"Tell Austin he's a little bitch." She mumbled as Luke covered her, making us all laugh.

We checked her multiple times through the rest of the day and she slept through them all.

We tried to wake her up for lunch, she proceeded to almost cry before gagging over the smell.
"I thought you said we were doing chickfila?" She spoke towards Noah, who immediately nodded.

"I wanted to be sure you still wanted it" he spoke calmly.

"Please." She spoke, and he immediately left to go get it.

I put a cold rag on her head to try and help her with the dizziness, as Luke talked to her quietly.

Her and Luke had more of a connection, which I didn't mind, he was her primary doctor, I was only here because it was technically an OBGYN case, but due to her past, it was good to see that she was able to trust him the way she did.

He didn't have her full trust, but I could tell, she would do anything he told her.

I heard Luke laugh at something she said, her smile still showing as he looked to her.

Soon Noah returned with food.

She ate maybe five nuggets before declaring that she was done.

"Are you sure?" Noah asked her, I could tell from his expression, he was worried.

"Full" she responded quietly, making him kiss her head gently,

"It's an increase from her lunch yesterday" Luke spoke, making him nod slowly.

Noah

She ended up falling right back asleep.

I relaxed on the couch, playing on my phone before getting a call from her mom

I wanted to ignore it, so badly

So I answered

"Hey" I exhaled

"Do we get her this weekend?" I could tell she was still under substances, slurring her speech and extremely loud.

"No, you don't get her on weekends at all anymore" I spoke, she hadn't been to their house in almost four years.

"Why?" She asked.

"Call your attorney" i exhaled.

I heard her exhale into the phone.

"Well- at least bring her by one day, I'd like to see her"

We are halfway across the country.

"Yeah, we will," I lied, she wouldn't remember me saying it.

And that's where the call ended.

I let my phone drop, suddenly seeing her eyes open and looking at me.

"How are they?" She asked me slowly.

"Still using." I told her back calmly, seeing her nod.

"Maybe one day they'll realize everything they lost." She spoke.

"Yeah, hopefully." I mumbled to her, seeing her smile.

"Want to do anything?" I asked her calmly.

"Wanna go on a walk?" She spoke, making me raise my eyebrows.

"You're up for a walk?" I asked her, seeing her nod.

So I asked a nurse, who confirmed that if she felt good enough, she could go on a walk.

I held around her waist firmly as we walked outside, her telling me she felt okay, which made me happy.

We ended up sitting on a bench, talking about everything from her cancer to her soccer team back home.

And soon the familiar guy- who she apparently knew came around the corner with a lady, who I assumed was his mom.

"Hannah Montana" he laughed out immediately, seeming in worse condition then earlier.

"Lil bitch" she laughed out to him

"Language" I immediately told her, motioning to his mom with my eyes, making her laugh.

They ended up joining us on the bench, the kids bonding over their throw up bet and the mom and I introducing ourselves

Her name was Amanda, she actually worked at the company I was trying to get hired on at.

"Nights suck of course, but it's good to be able to be here for them." She smiled, motioning to the two of them, who looked to be flirting, but I couldn't be sure.

Soon we all walked back inside together, Austin and Montana's dizziness causing them to bump each other every few minutes but they would just laugh and carry on.

"I'm glad he made a friend" Amanda told me quietly, making me nod.

"They need something besides us to get them through this"