Chapter 12: New Homes Are Cold

3rd POV

Well...I believe that we should have left that incident while we had the chance.

You're only realizing that now?

It was fun to watch though.

I am relieved to hear that you enjoyed that incident.

"Hey, Phantom!" Kaede snapped in front of Yn's face, to which he blinked once. "Pay attention, we're at my room now. You can chat later."

She swiped her keycard over the handle of the door, a red light shifting to green, and a click told them that it was unlocked. Escorting him in, Kaede made sure there was no one watching from out in the hall, and thankfully there were no other teachers.

"You can place your bag down wherever you want, though I only have the one bed," she told him as she closed the door behind her. The room was fairly large like she had her own apartment. There was a wide-open space with a large couch and chairs a few meters away from a giant flat screen. Past it was a kitchen, a modern one that you'd normally find in a well-furnished house, having all the usuals such as an oven, large fridge, cabinets, and plenty of room, even with the island that was there.

However, the kitchen only took up half of the room it was in, which should say something about how large it was. The other half had a large computer, filing cabinets and two desks. A workspace.

Yn placed his bag down near the couch, looking around to observe the place he would be staying for an unknown amount of time.

"Down the hall over there is the bedroom, and the first door on the right is the bathroom. It's really spacious too and has a nice shower, feel free to freshen up," she offered.

"What about the doors on the left?" he inquired.

"Ah. Do you see the first one on your left? That's a storage room. I haven't used it for anything so it's empty at the moment. The second one? Well, that's the walk-in closet. The school really went all out to make sure the teachers were satisfied."

What is this? A four-star hotel room?

Kaede giggled, "Well, remember that the school is funded from pretty much every country around the world. The teachers have to be extremely good I.S pilots in order to get hired, so to convince most of us to stay and not teach back in our respective home countries they give us very generous accommodations, perks, and not to mention a giant paycheck," she explained.

It was true. Countries would usually pay an I.S pilot, especially a well known one, insane amounts of money to teach just a small group of pilots in the country instead of at the academy so their teaching wouldn't be learned by fellow competitors. This was an effective strategy since your opponents wouldn't know what they're dealing with along with basically having a personal tutor. Countries, like Germany, were lucky that a renown I.S pilot from another country was able to teach the current pilots in training, giving them knowledge of other country's fighting style.

However, working for the school may not pay as much as a country would if you were good enough, but there was one other factor that made the I.S academy more desirable to teach at. While they do offer a home, a country would probably offer a five star one, but they couldn't do one thing. The problem was that when teaching for a country individually, it was hard to have any freedom at all. The instructors would be monitored and guarded at all times as to not give any secrets away about training methods or I.S developments of that country. However, at the I.S academy, the restrictions were significantly loosened. The I.S' was on display in public matches that were usually broadcast, meaning there wouldn't be any secrets to keep since everyone knew about them, and training techniques were being taught by teachers from around the world so multiple countries could use them for their representatives.