Chapter 17: Airport Pickup

3rd POV

Yawning, Kaede stretched her arms as she rose out of her own bed, glancing at the clock to see it was only three in the morning. A small groan of disappointment and regret as she lazily made her way to the bathroom, showering and getting herself ready before heading out to the living room.

"You're three minutes early than expected," hearing Yn speak, she waved him off as she grabbed a cup of coffee that he had laid out for her.

"Yeah yeah. Mornings aren't my thing, and I was working until one last night. I need more sleep," she complained as she basically chugged the contents of the mug before going to refill it.

"Shall I deliver my things to my room and meet you at the monorail to get off the small island the academy is on?" He questioned.

"Sounds like a plan. Throne, can you take care of the cameras?"

No problem! Already hacked so they won't see us, Chifuyu won't know a thing.

"Then you have your orders, see you at the train," she waved him off as he left the room.

It didn't take long for Yn to reach his old room, and it was easy to get there since everyone was asleep and the camera wouldn't record him.

Opening the door to his room, he noticed that it did have someone sleeping in it, but he was sure not to make any sounds.

By the Academy's systems, Yn was transferred from his room to another empty one before being transferred back to help make room for the new student. There would be nobody that would realize he was staying in Kaede's room.

But the person that was in his room...

Why am I not surprised?

Because we should have expected it. Houki is with Ichika since Chifuyu's allowing others, but she doesn't want Yn to be with other girls, so...

Staring at France's Representative contender, Yn simply placed his things on the bed she was not sleeping in.

Through it all, his eyes did not wander to her almost nude form. He was certain that she was aware that she'd be getting a new roommate today, but he was just as sure that she believed he wouldn't arrive so early in the morning, which is why she was able to dress how she wanted at least until her new roommate arrived.

But of course, Yn had arrived at a time she didn't expect, however, he already knew her little secret.

He quietly left the room without a sound, being sure not to wake her. As he wandered the halls to get outside, he looked around, mapping the place again and again just in case there was any kind of break-in or he needed a quick escape route.

Stepping outside, he glanced up at the sky. It was still completely dark, the stars shining brilliantly like an endless sheet of jewels. The cool morning air hit his face pleasantly, he sighed in relief.

Taking off his gloves, he put them in his pockets as he ran his hands through the air for a moment, enjoying the breeze, he walked slowly to his destination, savouring the moments he could spend outside.

Looking up again to the sky, a mere shadow of that sensation of freedom, joy, and relief washed over him. That night he was saved, the night he was finally brought out what he called hell. But a shadow isn't the real thing. He could say that he enjoyed it if he even knew what that meant...but he couldn't dwell on that feeling for too long.

...Yn...You no longer have to fight...

Hearing Throne speak, he tilted his head curiously. "Fight? I do not believe that I am fighting?"