Chapter 7: Even Until His Final Breath

3rd POV

A bright light blinded almost everyone in the arena, and when it finally started to die down, what was left in the centre of the origin was Ichika.

His I.S had changed, becoming larger, and taking upon it new color scheme, mostly consisting of white with some green and blue mixed in.

"Wait! It was in a default setting this entire time?!" Cecilia shouted in surprise.

"I guess this I.S has finally become mine," Ichika smirked as he looked at his arms, even his sword had changed.

Meanwhile, Yn was silent. The mere fact that Ichika's I.S had managed to adjust to him in such a short amount of time was beyond what he thought would happen. He had planned out various scenarios and had contingencies in place for all of them, but this was not a part of any of them.

He had only received his I.S right before the match, and it had to be an automatic adjustment by the I.S itself while it also logged his combat data and determined which attacks were deemed strong enough to activate the shield.

It could take Tabane Shinonono, the smartest person in the world, a minimum of a few minutes to adjust an I.S to someone that she already knew that measurements for, almost one point five times as long if she didn't know the measurements.

It took top grade mechanics, engineers, and scientists talk specializing in the I.S hours to do so, varying if the measurements were known or not, but it was definitely long when compared to Tabane.

And it usually took just as much time as one of those engineers and mechanics for the automatic system of the I.S to process all the users data and get out of its default settings, but with the fact that he was in an actual fight with many variables it should have taken even longer.

Yet it didn't.

There was something wrong here, perhaps an outside interference? That was one of the thoughts that crossed his mind as he tried to analyze the I.S in front of him.

It appears that it's energy has been fully replenished. His weapon...it's her's?

Though he quickly dismissed the weapon as he attempted to make sure that none of the original predictions of the I.S were wrong.

It appears that it is still solely prioritizing speed and offence. With that sword being the only weapon that it has, close combat is the only form of combat it can perform, therefore its speed must be significantly faster than it was before. Taking into account that it is the same sword that Chifuyu used, it most likely contains the same ability, or at least a variation of it. He might not know how to use it, but his swings will most likely be strong enough to pierce and chip the armour.

Preparing countermeasures.

"Here I come!" Ichika announced. As he lifted off the ground to fly up and meet the two that stayed in the air, the mini-gun that was cooling down had finally finished with its little recoil.

And so the battle commenced once more.

With an opening attack, bullets began flying through the air towards Ichika as rockets and cannon shells soon followed to intercept the wild card in this duel. Though the number of the formers were lower in quantity.

"That won't work this time!" He yelled, and he began zooming through the air, dodging everything quite well.

Yn would have continued to pursue with his onslaught of gunfire, but he stopped in an instant, and not even half a second after the deafening sounds of the artillery had stopped, the form of the dome-like shield appeared, appearing for an instant to block the incoming laser blasts and rockets form the girl that was suddenly ignored by the most mysterious of the trio, which didn't exactly make her the happiest of people.