Chapter 2: The Dead Soldier

3rd POV

Ichika followed Yn in awkward silence, he didn't know what to speak about. He had so many questions that he wished to ask, but the change in his brother concerned him. He didn't seem like what he could remember from his memories.

He seemed colder, though not anything negative. He was completely neutral, neither seeming like a nice nor mean person. Both of them noticed the crowd of girls that followed them at the end of the hallway, all of them wanting to see the two male pilots now known throughout the world.

"So....what's this friend of yours like?" He tried to break the silence as he rubbed the back of his neck.

"Well, she's sort of....like this!" He kicked off the ground, moving to the side to avoid what seemed like a black ax suddenly swinging from around the corner that was ahead of them. Yn didn't just dodge, his hands shot towards the weapon, grabbing the shaft. One of his hands pushing the head of the ax down toward the floor while the other hand, which was much higher up, pulled it towards him, causing a girl to yelp in surprise.

He was extra careful to make sure what seemed like a scythe made of flames that boosted the speed a bit earlier, did not come into contact with his arms.

The girl in question was forced down onto one knee after he moved one of his hands off of her weapon and onto her shoulder, pushing down roughly.

She groaned in discomfort as his grip tightened around her shoulder.

He tilted his head slightly as he looked at her "I thought you were forbidden from using your I.S on school grounds unless in the training areas?" he questioned as she looked up at him with a pleading look, wanting him to let go of her, and he obeyed. Throughout the entire thing, his face remained plain, like a robot.

She rubbed where his hand had been "You're right, but I wanted to see if you would let your guard down in here. And I thought I'd finally be able to get you, Ghost" she sighed as she stood up, though she wasn't as tall as him even in her I.S

He shook his head "There is no reason for me to let my guard down while being here. This is a foreign place that could hold many dangerous individuals" he stated simply as if it was the natural thing to say.

"So...This is your friend...?" Ichika asked as he stared at the girl. She looked over at Ichika by poking her head out to the side to see around Yn's body which blocked her view. She seemed displeased at the sight of him but floated out to introduce herself anyways as the blade of her ax detached and floated behind her.

It was clear that the wings that he was seeing floating around her could be attached to the long staff and become her weapon, though he wondered why she had so many of the wings

"My name is Kuro Neroile" she bowed slightly as her I.S deactivated, and it seemed to turn into a necklace that had the design of a sword planted in front of a shield.