Chapter 19: Confrontation

Chifuyu's POV

"Why won't you just tell me already?! Why won't anyone just answer my questions?!"

Hearing him complain about what I believed was the...twenty-second time in the last two days, I continued to sigh, rubbing my head from the migraine that was starting to appear from his constant pestering about this matter.

"Ichika, this shouldn't worry you, he isn't a part of our family anymore. If you can't remember what happened, that's on you, but I don't want to involve you in this, it's bigger than you realize," I told him, trying to calm him down...again.

Really, I'm glad that his memory is so poor that he can't remember all the details, but some of the traumatic events are still there along with ones of close friends...but he's always had trouble remembering Yn, an unknown side effect of it all, but one I'm thankful for at this moment.

"What do you mean he isn't a part of our family anymore?!" he yelled, slamming his hands on my desk with veins bulging in on his forehead. "He is, and always will be, my big brother! And he'll always be your little brother too!"

"I believe he has also claimed that he doesn't consider us his family either. The only one that hasn't caught onto this fact is you. You need to accept that he isn't who he used to be. The Yn we knew is long gone, now he's just...!"

I tried to take a few deep breaths to calm myself. Even I was getting too much into this argument, and I don't want to let something slip that Ichika doesn't need to hear, but he continues on anyway, making my self-restraint wear itself thin.

"He's what?! A soldier?! I've heard that plenty of times. But a soldier is still human, yet they treat him like some sort of puppet! He's not some kind of slave, he's not a machine, and he's not a monster!" he yelled in fury again.

I know that Ichika cares for Yn. He sees him as a sort of goal that he needs to reach, not knowing that the path to get there is one that is impossible for him to travel. He was devastated by the fact that he accidentally and unknowingly hurt him during the duel, so much so that he couldn't bear to face Yn much after it all came to an end.

But he doesn't understand a thing! He doesn't know what happened and he doesn't know what Yn's done! I know I've spoiled him a lot, ever since that night, but to be this dense is something I've never even dreamed possible.

"You don't know what you're talking about! He's the reason Mom and Dad left! He's the one that drove them out while calling him a monster, at least I still took care of him!"

"He...drove them away...?" he looked taken aback by the statement, but I could see doubt rising as well. "...No...Why would they run away and abandon all of us just because of him?"

Letting out another profound sigh, I slumped back in my chair. "They were scared of what he...They were scared that, one day, you could turn out like him, so they left both of you, and offered to take me along, but..."

"...What...what did he do?"

I could see that Ichika was starting to accept that Yn was the main reason that Mom and Dad left, so this was a start.

"...That's not for me to say, because officially, it never happened. But that could be said for many of his missions that he did while in the U.S, most having the same result," Ichika seemed to catch on, but shook his head and tried to deny it.

"I assure you, it's true. In fact, there's a pretty famous tale of him being sent into enemy territory alone and killing every one of their troops in such a way that there was no need to do any cleanup," I watched as his face paled from this information, it seemed he made some sort of connection. Maybe he's been told this already, but hearing his response, I narrowed my eyes at his interpretation.