Chapter 18: Growth. (Part 1/2)

After School. (Hailey's P.O.V):

"Hey Hailey wait up!" Called Jenna as I was walking away from the school. I turned around and waited for her to reach me.
"What Jenna?" I asked her when she finally got to me.
"Okay so you know how I asked you the names of the girls next to me?" Jenna asked as we started walking.
"Yeah what about them?" I asked her.
"Well I asked them if they were using that idea and they said no that we could use it." Jenna told me.
"Jenna did they really say we could USE it." I asked her.
"Yes they did, so that's our idea for our science project. Let's get started Hailey!" Jenna shouted as she started running towards my house.

Destiny's P.O.V After School.

Jennessa and I were waiting for Ashley to get out of the principals office with Roxy. I wouldn't ever think that Ashley would do something like that but I guess Roxy must really get on her nerves.

"Ok next time you girls want to fight there will be more punishments then this time more like getting EXPELLED." Said Mr.Perkins to Roxy & Ashley.

After Mr.Perkins left Roxy came up to me, Jennessa and Ashley.

"I know about you guys thinking i'm evil and I know that you 3 are mermaids too." Roxy said.
"Whaatt are you talking about Roxy?" I asked Roxy.
"Just meet me at the cove tonight at 7 and be there." Roxy said and walked away and we waited until she left to start talking.
"So are we going to meet her there?" Asked Jennessa.
"We have too, she knows too much about us." I told them.
"But what are we going to do?" Asked Ashley.
"Not punch her in the face that's for sure." said Jennessa.
"Well she got on my nerves so I had too and she deserved it anyway." Ashley said.
"Yea I guess your right." Jennessa said.
"Okay so I have a plan." I told them.
"Well what is it?" asked Ashley.
"My mom told me that when we become a mermaid that we get a power." I told her.
"What kind of power?" Asked Jennessa.
"It depends on how many people in a group that are mermaids, so for example there is 3 of us so we each get a power but if there was one of us then we would have all 3 powers." I said.
"Ok but how do we know what powers we have?" asked Ashley.
"That's what we have to find out." I told them.

Hailey's House (Jenna's P.O.V):

"Okay Hailey I got the hot dog and the tin foil now what?" I asked Hailey
"We need to get some paint, wood and some sticks." Hailey said and went into her room and came out with some paint.
"Good you have paint now all we need is sticks and some wood to put it together." I said.
"Come on let's go to my backyard we have some wood and some sticks." Hailey said as she started towards the backdoor.
"What grade do you think were going to get on our project?" I asked Hailey.
"I don't know Jen-" Hailey said but then something stopped her dead in her tracks.

I looked at Hailey then I looked at what she was looking at but I couldn't see anything.

"Hailey are you alright?" I asked her but she didn't answer, so I shook her and she still didn't answer I kept asking her if she could hear me but she never answered, then after 2 minutes Hailey fell to the ground.

Destiny's House (Destiny's P.O.V):

"Okay so I just looked in the book of mermaids and it says that your physical features will depend on what power you have." I told Ashley & Jennessa.
"Ok what powers would I have with my features?" Ashley asked.
"You have green eyes and brown hair so you would have the power to Freeze any object or liquid containing water." I told her.
"What about me?" Asked Jennessa.
"Jennessa you have blonde hair & blue eyes so you have the power to Manipulate the form of water and mold it into a different shape." I said.
"What power do you have Destiny?" Asked Ashley.
"I have brown eyes and brown hair so I have the power to change water in to gelatin & make it all crystaly." I said.
"Cool we all have sweet powers." Said Jennessa.
"Yeah we do." Said Ashley.

I smiled then my phone started to ring it was Jenna.

"Hey Jen what's up?"
"I need you to come to the hospital." Jenna said in voice that she sounded like she had been crying.
"Is everything okay?" I asked her.
"Something happened with Hailey but i'll explain when you get here just hurry please." Jenna told me.
"Okay i'll be there in 10." I said then hung up the phone.

"What happened?" Asked Jennessa.
"Hailey's in the hospital..."