31. Life Can Crumble To Pieces In Less Than A Second

vote/comment/like/tweet

ENJOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I awoke the next morning and Trey was no longer in my bed. I looked at the time on the clock. Only  fifty minutes until school started. Trey was most likely at home getting ready. I got up and began my morning routine.  Shower, clothes, make up, and hair. I grabbed my bag from beside the door and began to head down stairs and out the door.

"Mya where are you going?" I heard my mom ask. Her voice sounded weird. I turned to face her. Her eyes were slightly red and puffy.

" I'm going to school" I told her. Maybe her and Derek had gotten into some type of argument or something.

"Mya I think you should stay home" She said.

"Why?" I questioned. What was wrong with her? I heard movement in the kitchen and then Trey's mom came out. She was in worse shape than my mom. Were they watching lifetime or something?

"Mya, honey are you okay?" Trey's mom asked me.

"Yea, why wouldn't I be"  I told them. Tears began to run for Trey's mom's eyes.

"What's going on" I questioned. Neither of them said anything.

"Okay well Trey is probably waiting on me so I'm going to go." I told them. My mom came and grabbed my wrist as I began to walk away.

"Honey do you not remember?" my mom questioned.

"Remember what?" I half shouted. They were starting to aggravate me.

"Mya Trey..... Trey's gone Mya. He was hit by a car yesterday." She said.

"What? Mom no I was with him last night." I told her. Tears began to pour from her eyes.

"Honey yea you two were walking  home and he was struck by a car." She muttered.

"No I was with him after that. I woke...." I paused. Could I have been dreaming when I saw him last night? Did I have everything switched around? I thought back to the scene that I believed was a dream and then everything came rushing back.

 "Trey please say something" I screamed. I felt his body jerk and a shot of relief passed through me but it disappeared when no words came from his mouth. I could hear the sirens in the distance, but everything just seemed like a blur. The sirens sounded in slow motion. I hadn't even realized that they had gotten here until someone pulled me onto my feet asking me questions. I heard his words as an intoxicated person did. I couldn't answer any of the questions that he was throwing at me. I just wanted to be next to Trey inside his arms safe and secure. I wanted to be by his side but they wouldn't let me. Someone was holding me back.

They attached tubes all throughout his body. A mask covered his face.  They lifted him into the back of the ambulance but I couldn't make my way over to him. The doors closed and then it seemed as if everything moved at regular pace.

"I need to be with him." I yelled.