21. Life Can Crumble To Pieces in Less Than A Second

okay this chappie is pretty effing long so yall should be content for a while, so if it takes me at least a week to upload after this don't be mad :)

vote/comment/fan

Enjoy

I texted Lance asking him what time he would be picking me up tomorrow. Tomorrow was my birthday and I would be the big one eight. I was so excited. I could not wait. It wasn't going to be as much fun because Trey had left for his cabin trip yesterday and my mom left off for a business trip today. I don't even know if she remembered my birthday was tomorrow but I decided not to bother her about. It wouldn't be the first time she had forgotten, but after she realized she made up for it with presents, food, and shopping trips. I sighed; I would be home alone to night. I had really gotten over the scaredy cat phase. I was now okay when left home alone. I still had the dreams but it was the same thing each time now. There were no more clues coming as to let me know who had done this to me therefore I had gotten used to them. I felt my phone vibrating and picked it up.

Lance:

Around 11: 30

Reply:

K C U then

I shut my phone and laid it on my dresser to charge. I decided on going to sleep to make the time go by faster. I was so ready for it to be tomorrow already. I rested my head on my pillow and slipped under the covers and soon drifted off into sleep.

I woke up the next morning around ten thirty. I hadn't even realized my birthday until about ten minutes after waking up. I quickly got in the shower and put on some clothes realizing that Lance would be coming to get me at eleven thirty to spend my birthday with me. I did my makeup and hair and put on some shoes. I grabbed a bag and put everything in it that I needed. I looked at the clock on my cell phone it was 11:22. Good I was kind of right on time he would be here soon. I grabbed all my things and went and sat down stairs on the couch waiting for Lance.

I looked at the clock on my phone again. It was now 11:45. I went to my most recent calls and pressed send once Lance's name was highlighted. It ringed and ringed until it went straight to voicemail. I texted him

Where r u

After a while of not getting any reply I called him again and again and again still no answer, I sat there for a while longer to see if he was going to show up anytime soon. I went in the kitchen and grabbed me some Scooby snacks and a grape soda. Once the Scooby snacks were all gone I grabbed me a bag of cheetos. Once my cheetos were all done I went back and sat on the couch. It was now 12:45. Lance was supposed to be here over an hour ago. I sighed realizing that I had received no birthday texts or phone calls from anybody. Maybe they were still sleeping or were just really busy. I went upstairs and grabbed a book that I was currently reading to make time pass by before Lance got here.

I let out a long sigh as I closed the book. I had finished it. I looked at my phone still no text or phone calls. I looked at the time it was almost three o clock. My eyes began to water and my nose began to sting. It was my birthday and I hadn't talked to a single person. Maybe whoever should have finished the job in the woods that day. Maybe I was better off dead, because it seemed as if no one cared, as if they had forgotten me. I grabbed my bag and went upstairs. I threw the bag in a corner. I sat on my bed as the tears began to flow from my eyes. I felt so lonely and forgotten. My life felt life felt like it wasn't worth living. I laid my head down on my pillow. Some birthday this was. Tears rolled down my cheek and off my chin staining the pillows that were occupied by my head. I lay there for hours until I finally cried myself to sleep. This was definitely not the way I wanted to spend my birthday.

"Mya wake up!" I groaned and buried my face deeper into the pillows.

"Girl wake up" It was Trey. I turned over to look at him.