4. Life Can Crumble To Pieces in Less Than A Second

Chapter 4

I woke up the next morning feeling way better than I did the day before. I sat up in my bed and looked around. Trey was no longer there. He had probably gone home to get ready for school. I went in my closet and grabbed some clothes to wear and slid on some shoes. I decided on something a little warmer because it was starting to get colder outside. I scrunched my hair and tried to cover up the bruise with more makeup, I succeeded. I grabbed my bag and walked downstairs and out the back door and saw Trey waiting for me at the gate.  

"You ready?" he asked. I nodded and we started our walk. "So you're sitting with me at lunch today, okay?" 

"Trey, come on! Seriously, you know the people you hang with don't like me."  

"That's not true," he said. 

"Yea it is." I stated  

"Well it doesn't matter, you're sitting with me today, okay. End of discussion."  

"Okay dad." He laughed. Once we made it to school, Trey walked me to my first class.  

"If he tries anything with you, you'll tell me right?" I nodded.  

"Let me hear you say it," he told me.  

"I'll tell you Trey."  

"Okay, I'll see you at lunch." I nodded. "I will see you right?"  

"Yes Trey, you will see me at lunch."  

"Alright. Don't make me have to track you down."  

"Okay," I said. I turned and went in the classroom. I went to go sit at my seat which was right next to Lance; we had chosen the seats when everything was good with us. I tried to avoid his glare, but It was hard and my head began to turn on my own. Oh my God, I felt so bad. His face was bruised, his eye was black and his lip was busted. Overall Trey had really fucked him up.

"Oh my gosh Lance, I'm so sorry. I didn't mean for it to go that far," I reached my hand out towards his face.  

"Don't touch me," he said pushing my hand away. Dang that stung, even after all he had done to hurt me I felt so bad knowing that this was my entire fault.  

"Lance I'm sorry." I said and I meant it. 

"Don't worry about it," he said facing away from me. He was furious and I knew it, he was going to get his revenge. Would it be on me or Trey? I don't know but maybe it would end up being on the both of us.

I walked into the lunch room still having a pang of guilt about Lance.  

"Hey, you hungry," Trey asked me. I shook my head. "Okay come on, let’s go to the table." I followed Trey over to his usual table where he sat at every day. He sat down and pulled me down with him. 

"Y'all know Mya, well she's sitting with us today." I sat there as they talked, about what, I don't know. I was in my own little world, but I knew that they were ignoring me and not even including me. I don't know why me and his friends didn't really get along. I always thought it was because Trey would rather spend time with me than them but who knows, maybe I was wrong, maybe I just didn't meet up to their standards. I felt Trey grab my hand under the table. He knew something was wrong he just didn't know what that's why he grabbed my hand. He probably thought it had something to do with Lance but it was really about how awkward I felt right now.  

"Hey I'm going to go to the bathroom," I said grabbing my bag.  

"Okay," he said. I got up and left the table.  

"Finally, why was she sitting with us?" I heard one of the girl's mutter.  

"Because she's my best friend," Trey responded. I didn't hear anything else after that. I walked in the bathroom and just sat there in the stall, my life seemed like it was crumbling before my eyes. I mean, all my friends were gone, we lost touch when I started dating Lance and they weren't that forgiving, so all I had left was Lance and Trey; I didn't even have Lance anymore, just Trey. I looked at my phone and realized I had been sitting in the stall for twenty minutes. I walked out, looked in the mirror and then I left the bathroom.  

"What's wrong?"  

"Nothing," I replied. 

"Something's wrong My," Trey said. 

"No there isn't so can we just drop it," I demanded.  

"Fine Whatever." I was so glad when the day ended, so once I was home I laid on my bed and immediately fell asleep.  

Trey and I walked home on our trail. For some reason I loved these walks, the trails were so peaceful and the wind blowing against your skin just felt great and not to mention I was with my most favorite person in the world. 

"So you sure you don't mind?" Trey asked. 

"Of course not Trey, we have been hanging out a lot lately. You should hang out with your friends," I told him.  

"Okay, I'll see you tomorrow though, okay?"  

"Okay Trey," I said kissing him on the cheek and then walking inside the house. I went and grabbed a granola bar from the kitchen; I was going to be so bored. All of last week was spent with Trey in the afternoons and now I was all alone. I went and checked my email, nothing good. I was about to take a shower when I heard the doorbell ring so I went downstairs and answered it.  

"Lance," I gasped. 

"Hey," he said. Why was he here? We stared at each other for a while before he broke the silence. "Can I come in?" 

"Lance, I ummm... I don't think that's a good idea," I told him. 

"Come on Mya, I won't bite."  

"Lance---"  

"Come on Mya."  

"Yea okay," I said opening the door wider and moving out the way so he could come in. "So what made you come over?" I asked him. 

"I just wanted to see you," he replied. He started to walk upstairs.  

"Where are you going?"  

"To your room," he replied nonchalant as he continued walking with me following him. He went and sat down on my bed.  

"Lance I really am sorry about what happened," I told him. 

"Don't worry about it," he said getting up from the bed and walking closer to me.  

"I've missed you," he said grabbing my face in his hands. "I've missed you way too much." He brushed his lips against mine, I gasped and he took his chance. His tongue entered my mouth and found mine and it moved in unison with his. What was I doing? I pulled away.  

"Lance please," I said as he kissed my neck. I moaned. Where in the hell was that coming from? Lance moved me back towards my bed and then he pushed me down on it and climbed on top of me.  

"Lance," I said again. 

"I want you so bad Mya," he panted. His lips reclaimed mine. He lifted my shirt above my head and threw it to the ground, I did the same with his. He unbuttoned my pants and tore off my jeans and panties then he kicked off his. Before I knew It we were both completely naked."I love you Mya." 

"Lance you don't mean that, you're just in the moment," I told him. 

"No I really do," he said kissing my neck and thrusting inside of me. I moaned in pleasure as Lance quickened his pace. This was definitely not what I expected would happen when I let him inside.I hope I didn't end up regretting this moment between me and him.  

I laid my head on Lance's chest. "I can't believe we just did that," I said. 

"Why? You're my girlfriend right?"  

"Lance..... um why do you do it?" I asked hesitantly.  

"Do what?" he asked. 

"Hurt me," I said. He looked away from me.  

"Mya I don't know, I don't mean too and I'm sorry. I hate when I get like that." I just rested my head back on his chest. "I wish I could spend the night with you," he stated. 

"It's okay," I told him. 

"I'll stay until you fall asleep, okay?"  

"Okay."  I replied.