16. Life Can Crumble To Pieces in Less Than A Second

New chappie

vote to tell me that you like it

like it to tell me that you love it

tweet it if you think others should read it and

comment to let me know what you think

enjoy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I slid my shirt over my head and slid on some shoes. Today was my first day back at school. I really didn't want to go back because of what people would think or say but Trey and Lance promised me that they would both look out for me. I grabbed my bag and walked downstairs. I knew that I was really behind and would have a lot of catching up to do. Mom had said that they were thinking about holding me back if I couldn't catch up and understand what we were doing at a fast pace. I grabbed a Gatorade from out fridge and walked outside. The weather was no longer the breezy, cool cloudy days. It was not freezing cold with the sun brightly shining and a little bit humid. I walked to the back of the gate and there Trey was waiting on me.

"Hey" I said.

"Hey, You ready?" he asked me.

"As ready as I'll ever be" I told him before beginning our walk to school.

"So umm I don't know about you other classes, but for our class you really have nothing to catch up on. She will probably just give you busy work to earn your grades and if you need help in your other classes just let me know and I'll see what I can do" He said. I smiled up at him.

"What would I do without you?" I said as we walked into the school

"That puzzles me too" he said as he draped his arm over my shoulder. I laughed while looking ahead. Me and Trey continued walking and it seemed like everybody that we passed looked at me in a weird way. People were whispering, about me I wasn't quite sure but most likely it was about me. I moved my body closer to Trey's.

'Don't worry about them" he said into my ear. "They know nothing" he stated as we continued walking until Chloe walked up to us.

"Hey" she said as she removed Trey's arm from my shoulder and placed it on hers. Wow!

"Chloe tha---" Trey started.

"I'll catch up with you later Trey" I told Trey. I really didn't want to deal with arguing right now. He sighed and looked at me.

"You are sitting with me at lunch right?" he asked.

"Lance already asked me. I'm sorry" I told him.

"No problem, you sit with me tomorrow though" he exclaimed.

"Trey, but-"

"No buts, I'll see you later" he stated. I turned to head to my first period class. I went and sat down in the class waiting for Lance, but for some reason he never showed up.

At lunch I searched the cafeteria for Lance but he still wasn't there. I decided on going to the bathroom to try to call him. I had to call him twice before he answered.

"Hello" he said into the phone.

"hey" he I said.

"Hey whatsup" he said.

"Lance where are you" I said as my phone beeped. I looked at the screen it was Trey texting me.

Where R U

I ignored it and put my ear back to the phone.

"-home"

"What?" I asked

"I'm at home" he said.

"Why didn't you come to school" I asked him.

"Because I didn't feel like-wait how do you know I'm not at school" he asked.