24. Life Can Crumble To Pieces In Less Than A Second

I let out a long exaggerated breath. I hated sitting at this table with Trey and his friends. Being here without Lance made me miss my old friends. I mean all I had was Trey now there was no Lance. Lance was the reason Trey was my only friend anyway. He was the reason all my friends had ditched me. I still couldn't believe that bastard. He had some nerve.

I laid my head on the table in between my arms. All I wanted to do was go home and snuggle up under my covers and go to sleep That's all! Maybe I should just ditch and go home. That sounded like the best idea I had come across in a long time.

I lifted my head up and everyone at the table was looking at me weird.

"What?" I half yelled.

"Are you okay?" Trey asked me.

"I'm fine" I told him." I just think that I'm going to go home for the rest of the day." I muttered while getting up from the table.

"I'll walk with you okay" Trey said.

"No Trey I'm fine really." I told him.

"Okay but I'm still going to walk you home" He stated. I groaned and got up from the table. Trey got up soon after me and followed.

"Mya you don't have to try to block me out" He said as we walked through the trail.

"Trey I'm not trying to block you out" I told him

"Yea you are" he replied. "You can just ask me to give you space, but I'm not going to just let you walk home alone." He said.

"Trey I'm really not trying to block you out. I didn't mean to make you feel that way. I love being around you, I don't need space from you. I'm sorry" I told him.

"Don't be" He replied. " I just don't want anything to happen to you. I know how you hate when I get all protective fatherly mode, but I just can't help it" he said.

"Trey it's fine. I don't mind you being all protective." I told him.

"Good" he said pulling me into a hug. "So why did you want to come home" he asked.  "You slept all throughout the night and you went to bed early." He stated.

"Well I just didn't really feel like being at school and when I sit with you and your friends at lunch everything is so awkward" I told him.

"It wouldn't be that way if you wouldn't have pushed them away this morning." He said.

"I don't want them being nice to me just because you say so and because they feel bad about what happened." I told him.

"They're just trying to make things easier for you Mya.' He replied.

"This situation is not going to get easier" I said unlocking my door and walking inside the house. I walked through the kitchen and into the living room to go upstairs and was pretty surprised and disturbed by what I saw on the way up.