2. Life Can Crumble To Pieces in Less Than A Second

I stood in the shower as the hot beads of water bolted across my body. It felt so good. The steam released the tension that had seek refuge in my body. I had left Trey's this morning around six after he had wakened me up. We had school so I had to get ready. I got out the shower and wrapped a towel around my body. The transformation from the hot bathroom to my cool room caused my body to tremble. I dried off and put on some clothes. I went downstairs grabbed a pop tart and my bag. I locked the doors then went outside to the gate. Trey was already there.

"You ready?" he asked

"Yea" was my reply. Trey and I  had been walking this same way to school since forever. It was weird though because me and him both had cars but we only drove them when it was raining or to cold. I guess it was like Trey and Mya time or something like that. Our way of bonding because we never really got to hang at school. I mean everybody knew that me and him were best friends, some even thought we were more which didn't please Lance much. It was just that we only had one class together out of seven. I had Lance and he had a bunch of girls that surrounded him and we just always ended getting split up; in that one class though Trey and I did everything together. We sat by each other, we were always partners and we always got in trouble together. Once we arrived at school I was stolen away by Lance.

"Hey baby" Lance said coming up behind me and wrapping his arms around my waist.

 “Hey" I said

"I'll catch you later Mya" Trey called out while walking away. That was one thing I loved about Trey he never tried to discourage me from being with Lance. I mean he tried to get me to leave him when he found out he hit me but once I didn't he let it go which I admired about him and when Lance always came around he was the bigger person and left because he didn't want to argue. I turned around in Lance's arms.

'So you're not mad at me anymore" I asked him.

"I never was Mya I was just frustrated" He said to me. I stared into his brown eyes.

"Well, try to get frustrated a little less often" I said pressing my lips against his.

"I'll try" he said his lips still on mine. The bell rang telling us that it was time for class. Lance wrapped one arm around my waist as we walked to class.

School seemed to drag on and on today. It was like the teachers didn't know how to stop talking and the hands on the clock did not want to budge, but finally it was over. Lance walked with me the down the trail my hand in his. He had decided on coming over today. I went through the gate and walked in the house. I saw my mom sitting at the computer. She looked like she was about to go somewhere. She was dressed up in business attire.

"Hey Mom" I yelled out.

"Hey Mya, hey Lance." She said back

"Hey Ms. Turner" Lance directed towards her. I yanked on Lance's hand telling him to come upstairs with me. I closed the door and flopped down on my bed. Lance came and laid down next to me.

"So Saturday there is this fireworks show at the lake, and they say it's suppose to warm up enough to go swimming, you want to go?"

"Yea what time?" I asked him

"The fireworks don't start until six but most people are heading out to the lake around two"

"Okay, sounds like a plan" I said pecking him on the lips, but he had other plans. He pulled my head back down towards his and our lips crushed against each others. He licked my bottom lip asking for entrance and like all ways I gave in. His tongue explored the inside of my mouth and then his tongue found mine and claimed it. I felt Lance start to unbutton my jeans. I grabbed his hand and pulled away.