Chapter 18

Not edited.
*I 'think' there will be one more chapter after this, at most there will be two. After that will be the epilogue and an announcement of the next book.*

Ethan

"Do you think she'll call?" He looked at Sarah hopefully.

"I don't know Ethan. It's already been a week. Nellie would never have done that but she hasn't lived as Nellie for four years. We really don't know what she's like now."

"She's still there Sarah. I can feel it. My Nellie will remember!"

"How long are you willing to wait?"

Ethan laughed "Are you asking me or my wolf?"

Sarah scoffed "Your wolf wouldn't have walked away in the first place!"

"Fought him all the way. I had to do it. She won't heal if she doesn't cry."

Sarah looked sheepishly at him "I've been talking with Stacy."

"What? When?"

'Every day."

"What did she say? How's Nellie? Does she hate me?" He was anxious. Tormented by guilt though knowing she needed his harsh words to break through the ice she'd built around her heart.

"Settle down Ethan and..."

"Sarah" he growled "tell me about Nellie!"

"She's cried. She hasn't stopped crying."

Ethan's eyes softenend "I wish..."

"You should."

"What?"

Sarah looked him straight "Go and see Nellie. Today."

He humphed in frustration. "She'd call if she wanted to see me."

"Maybe not, maybe she's being as stubborn as you." She looked at him pointedly.

"That's not helping me Sarah."

"Ethan, tell me honestly. I know you watch her go to work each day. I know you make sure she gets home safe. We're supposed to be here for another two weeks. Are you willing to leave without Nellie?"

"No. Neither am I willing to take her away until she's ready to go."

"There's your answer."

"What is? Dammit Sarah. Stop talking in riddles!" Frustrated he ran his hands through his hair.

"You can't be without her. You and your wolf need Nellie. Swallow your pride and whatever ideas you have and go and see her for real."

"You really think I should?" He wasn't too sure.

"YES!" Hannah stood at the door of her room. "I want to see my brother."

Ethan sighed and held his arms open he held her close as she ran and jumped up to him. "I don't know what's going to happen sweetheart."

"Please Daddy." Chocolate brown eyes pleaded with him and he found himself caving in.

"UGH fine! I'll go and see her..."

"Today?" Hannah beamed at him.

Ethan sighed, he knew when he was being ganged up on "Yes I'll go today."

Hannah screamed an ear piercing three year old scream of excitement that had them grimace as the sound resonated through their heads. "Please say I want to come."

Ethan kissed her on the top of her head "I will Hannah. I'll ask about seeing Alex. Now, you be a good girl for Sarah while I'm gone ok?"

"Yes Daddy." If only they could believe that innocent look. He chuckled and put her down as he looked at Sarah.