Chapter 4

Not edited. I know it's a little short but everything that needs to be said has been said and I'd be feeling like I was rambling. Upcoming chapters may find us with Misty and Clarice, I still haven't decided for sure but they will be back at some point... oh well... when you read it you'll know 😊

Ella pov

"I can't believe he'll be home in a few months! I'm so excited."

It had been nine months since the day he asked her to marry him. Plans for the wedding were all sorted out now. Legal issues had to be taken into consideration. Not knowing who she was before made things a little difficult but finally all the legal requirements had been sorted. Having no history made things tougher than they needed to be but they'd made it through. Now here she was trying on dresses in the dressing room of the reception hall.

Irene had insisted that it had to be done here as a rehearsal for the big day. They'd had a busy morning. Hair stylists, makeup artists, florists... The list went on. Now she needed to find the perfect dress and after the seventh they found the eighth. It was perfect. She felt like a princess and her smile lit up the room. Stacy came through the door wearing her purple gown looking stunning. Irene smiled at both girls with tears in her eyes.

"You both look so beautiful."

"Mum don't cry, save it for the wedding" Stacy rolled her eyes at her mother.

"Oh shush you. I have two beautiful daughters and if I want to cry I can. It's in the mothers rule book."

There was something in the way Irene said rule book that had Ella trying to push through the cotton wool of her mind. 'What was it? What did it mean?' She shook her head slightly and smiled at her family as Irene spoke again.

"OK Ella you need to walk through to the reception hall so we know if we need to alter anything on the length of the dress."

"Oh but I don't want the bottom to get dirty."

"Give up Ella. You know what she's like when she gets an idea into her head." Stacy laughed as Irene scolded her for her lack of manners.

That was the beginning of what Ella considered the best day of her life. Near the doors of the hall she was met by Brian all dressed up and looking very handsome in a suit as he came to greet her. Ella was surprised when he offered her his arm. "All part of the practice" he said as he smiled.

Stacy was just ahead of them and as she got to the doors she knocked. As the doors of the hall were swung open they revealed a group of seated wedding guests. This was no rehearsal!

Ella gasped and tears started to form in her eyes as she looked down the aisle between the wedding goers. Their eyes locked onto each others as the crowd became non existent and the months they were apart no longer mattered. As he stood proudly in his military dress uniform waiting for his bride to make her way to him, he was a little apprehensive as to whether she would run from the surprise they'd sprung on her. He had the chance and he took it.

Brian squeezed her hand lightly to catch her attention "Your choice Ella. You can walk away if you're not ready or go and get married today." His expression was one of a loving father filled with concern.

Ella smiled through her tears and felt the warmth of a man she had come to look up to in so many ways. She looked back at the love of her life and with a wide smile said the words Brian hoped to hear "Let's do this." She was handed her wedding bouquet by Irene as she slipped past to be seated.

Everyone sighed a sigh of relief while Sam visibly relaxed as he watched his father walk his heart towards him. Unable to stand still any longer he met them when they were three quarters of the way down the aisle. With love in his eyes he took her face in his hands and kissed her softly "Hello honey."

Brian chuckled beside them and said "You haven't got to that part yet."

Sam and Ella laughed while being joined by the chuckles of the crowd. Reluctantly Sam let her go and then  without taking his eyes off her he walked almost backwards to where he had to stand. He couldn't believe his luck  and in some ways he was scared she'd disappear.

"I do." Ella choked back on the tears as she pledged her heart to gorgeus man who stood by her side. Rings were exchanged with promises of love and devotion. Both stood staring into each others eyes and laughed when the celebrant said "NOW you can kiss her." Not needing any other prompting Sam gathered her into his arms and just one fleeting moment before their lips met he whispered "Mine."

To all who were there to witness this day there was no doubt at all that this was the dream wedding  that had Miss Ella Wolfe become Mrs Ella Holden. Forever she would be known as the much loved wife of Mr Samuel Richard Holden.

.....

Ethan's pov

He couldn't explain what he was feeling. He'd come outside to the porch because he'd felt like he was suffocating inside This ache in his heart was different in so many ways to the way his heart ached for his beautiful Holly. He tried to distract his mind but  as he thought of his daughter toddle her way around his loungeroom he couldn't chase away this feeling that he'd lost his heart all over again but in a very different way. His heart felt heavy as tears slid down his face as Sander whimpered in his mind. If only he knew why...

.....

Cam's pov

If it were possible he'd kill him and he had no idea why. Sure the man was getting married but what did that have to do with him? Sam was marrying his love and not Janella so it made no sense at all for him to be feeling like this! His wolf Cray kept growling and wanted out so he decided to take a run in the jungle they were now stationed at before Cray did any damage. As he stripped down he began to think that maybe it was time to move on and leave his love for Nellie behind him. Maybe he would be allowed a second chance mate? Cray didn't want to agree with him but it was a decision he was going to have to make for his own sanity more than anything. He just wasn't ready to say goodbye to her yet and as his wolf ran into the jungle he thought 'maybe tomorrow'.