Epilogue From Janella's Rejection

Hi everyone :) For those who haven't read it this is the Epilogue from Janella's Rejection. If you'd like to know how it got to this and haven't read the story then please, feel free to have a read of that story :) Mari xxx

Epilogue

Three years since she left. Three years since he saw her beautiful face. Three years that reminded him what an idiot he was. It was his fault. He was destined to live without her.He should have known. Fate was truly cruel. No one really explained this pain to him. It all seemed far too easy. Unfortunately it came for him with the ripped apart pain of a losing a mate.
Many had implied they understood but they had no idea at all. She was his mate. She was the reason he no longer smiled and his body became weak. She was the reason why he felt the pity looks where ever he went.
He gave up the prized position he wanted gladly. The one he worked so hard to keep but in the end it meant nothing if she wasn't there by his side. She was missing.  Taken from him in one of the worst ways imaginable. If only they could rewind the clocks and relive that day he would do everything things so very differently. But they couldn't. You can't change the past no matter how much you may want to... but you can have a say in the kind of future you have.

So now here he was travelling the world as they once talked of doing. Sydney Australia his first stop. He walked around the shopping centre - well it was a mall to him - and took in the look of everything. 

Determined to cross off all the things they'd spoken of doing he walked into a shop and picked up a stuffed koala. Smiling he went to pay for it and as he waited he wondered what he would mark off next. It was the final two words on that list that he hoped to achieve the most... Find her. Those words were spoken before she left but until she was actually gone they never made it onto paper.

"Hi can I help you?" came a voice from behind him " I can take you over to another checkout if you're ready to pay."

A shiver went through him as he heard the voice they'd beem searching for. He turned slowly and with a visible gulp he was looking at her.

There she was. After all this time he'd kept his promise to his mate and he'd found her. She obviously didn't remember him but they all knew that would probably happen. Her eyes drew him in again. His heart was lost as the bond they once shared became a raging flame that took over his heart and mind.

"Sure, thanks." Trying to play it cool while his wolf was throwing cartwheels.

"No problem. Come this way."

Like a little pup he followed her knowing he would follow her forever.

"Do I know you? You seem really familiar but I don't know... "

"We've met" he said softly as he bathed in the aura if her presence.

Her hand on the register getting ready to complete the transaction she stopped and whispered "You know me? What is my name?"

"I do" he said with a smile as he looked at her name tag "and your name you're using is very close to the real thing Ella. When do have a break? I'll meet you for coffee. We can talk."

"How do you know me?"

"Meet me for coffee and I'll go and bring you proof... Photos." He smiled a smile that left her gasping.

"You really know me... I've waited..."

He reach across the counter in front of him and gently put his hand over hers feeling the sparks that sent his wolf over the top with Irish dancing.

"Hey... it's ok. Take a deep breath, we can meet up later and I'll answer any questions you have. Bring friends if you want. I'll meet you anywhere you need to feel safe."

"Upstairs. There's a food court upstairs. I have lunch at one. I can meet you there then." Slipping her hand from under his she instantly felt the loss of the warmtg.
"Sounds like we have a date then."

The next few minutes a blur as he bought the koala.

"See you soon." He smiled and she smiled with him. For some reason she felt safe with him. Maybe they really did know one another. The photos would definitely help convince her. Especially if he had a photo of the woman in her locket.

.....

Anyone watching him would surely think he was crazy. The smile on his face helped to erase all the sad moments he'd felt in the past few years. He'd found her. It really was her. She was here. Now things felt right again he thought as he pulled out his phone and made a call.

A gruff, tired voice answered the phone "this better be good. It's 2am."

"I found her."

"What?" confusion mixed with tiredness.

"I found her. I found Nellie."

"WHAT????? Where the hell is she?"

"Sydney."

"You're kidding me right?"

He couldn't help but laugh. "It's true. It really is Nellie and she looks wonderful. She doesn't remember us but she felt like she'd met me before. I'm meeting her for coffee later and we'll talk and I'll help her remember where she comes from."

"Bring her home where she belongs."

"She belongs where ever I am."

"What the hell are you talking about?"

"Sorry Paul but your son is an idiot for passing up on her. Holly knew, I'm sure she knew. It explains so much." He let out a loud laugh that scared the locals and made them jump.

"Ethan you've lost me. Dammit man it's the middle of the night. What are you trying to say? Just tell me dammit."

He thought of those crystal blue eyes, that smile, those lips that felt so soft under his.

"Paul it's really quite simple... Nellie... beautiful Nellie..." he paused with a grin and said the words he never expected to say "Janella" he sighed with eyes twinkling... "she's mine."

The End

AGAIN>>> this is the EPILOGUE from Janella's Rejection. Finding Janella still has a long way to go :)