Chapter 3

Not edited. Hiya. I've decided to try for the Wattys with Janella's Rejection so could you please please go to that story and hit the share button for fb and twitter as part of it based on shares. Sharing with friends will also help to get the vote and read count up as well for another part of it. Thanks I really appreciate it.

Ethan pov

Two  days ago she left. Two painful debilitating days that filled his insides with ice. Knowing he would never see her again shredded his heart to pieces over and over again. He was already tired of the the so  called do-gooders who stopped by to 'help'. Why couldn't they just leave him alone? He had the right to mourn as he wished. How could they know what he was feeling? He only wanted space. Space and quiet that he was being denied. 'Keep busy', 'you have so mucb to live for', 'don't give up'... UGH! If he heard those words one more time he was going to rip out the heart of whomever it was that said it. How could they possibly know? They still had their mates.

He thought about her last words and knew he wouldn't be able to follow through on her last wish. They'd spoken so often about travelling the world and looking for her as they did and bringing her home. He did miss her but as much as he cared he knew in his heart that right now he didn't want to know anything about Janella. He felt the tinge of guilty pains at his thought but pushed them aside and thought of the one who who held his heart. For now and forever it would always be his beautiful Holly. She would always be his heart although he would be glad to know Janella was safe... but that's all.

Now he stood looking down at her face. Looking for signs of life that would give him something to do through the day. Someone to love, someone to hold, someone who would take the pain away. Only she had the power to do that for him. He was tempted to shake her. To shake her until she opened her eyes to look at him. Eyes that looked trustingly while filled with love. He stood beside her; waiting as he thought of all the memories that wouldn't be made and the sorry felt because she wasn't there to be a part of them.

Her eyes opened. There were the beautiful brown eyes he'd been waiting to see. They sparkled when they saw him standing there. Eyes that loved and trusted like no other. Eyes that were his reason for waking each day and breathing. He looked at her knowing she was the gift that would keep his heart beating. He reached for her with love in his eyes that was still clouded while she smiled sweetly at him. He would be strong for her. She would be the reason he woke each morning.

"Good morning Hannah. Let's see what you and Daddy can get up to today."

.....

Cam pov

He couldn't believe what his father had told him on the phone last night. Holly Junes had passed away from a rogue attack. Wow. He couldn't imagine what losing a mate forever would feel like. At least knew Janella was somewhere out there.  Even though he felt Ethan had overstepped his mark with Nellie by touching her he still had sympathy for the man. He understood to a certain extent but he was determined to find his Nellie. Where ever she was she would be found eventually and returned to him. He'd never let her go ever again. She truly was beautiful. If only he admitted his true feeling in the beginning and hadn't been such a coward. He would always regret the time they spent apart.

Now here was a member of the army. There weren't any wolves in his regiment but it was quite common for wolves to enlist. He did it because he needed to get away from everything. After training he'd been deployed with a group that would work beside the Australians in a mission deemed top secret. At times it was difficult to be here with men and women who had partners, wives or husbands at home. His heart ached for the love of his beautiful mate. Recently one of the Aussies spoke of the new love of his life and for some reason every time he said her name Ella all he wanted to do was tear him into pieces. He couldn't explain it. Maybe it was the fact that her name was similar? He had to smile though when he said she was the sweetest girl ever but had an amazing tattoo, it seemed a slight contradiction. She sounded like she was amazing from the way that Sam spoke of her, she reminded him so much of Nellie he couldn't stand it. He was really beginning to hate his Commanding Officer.  A few days earlier when he was talking with other troops about their families he mentioned wanting to marry her and Cam knew then he had to distance himself from Sam. He had to do it before he did any serious damage. He couldn't go wolf on a man who'd fallen in love with a woman as amazing as his Nellie.

The search went on for Janella. It had been scaled down because packs needed their warriors but there was still bands of search parties still looking around the world. He'd be with them still except he'd been on the edge of losing himself and becoming a rogue with no way to return to who he was before. Still he kept in contact with them all but he did it from a distance and when time permitted. He needed to be strong when she was found, he had a lot of making up to do.

Ella's pov

"Look behind you honey."

Ella was talking with Sam on skype. It was one of the few ways they got to communicate. Over the months they'd become so very close that it hurt not having him there with her. They always cried when it was time to say goodbye but always left with the promise of talking again as soon as he could.

Ella looked behind her to see Stacy with a smile on her face. Confused she looked between them... "what?"

"Stacy, show her."

Stacy held out her hand. Ella's hand flew to her mouth in an astonished gasp. Tears filled her eyes as she turned to look back at the screen as Sam started to speak again.

"Baby, I know we haven't had the chance to spend much time together and to be honest I'm not sure when that will happen but I do know how much I love you and how much I want to be with you forever... So... Ella Wolfe will you do me the honour of being my wife?"

Ella nodded and in a tear struck voice said "Yes."

Stacy screamed behind her as Sam yelled "SHE SAID YES!" to be greeted by a mass of cheers and a bunch of guys crowding round the camera patting Sam on the back. All giving their congratulations as Stacy came forward to her and took her left hand in her own sliding the ring on her finger.

"Now it's going to be official. You're really going to be my sister."

"My wife. You're going to be my wife Ella" Sam said with a tear in his eye. "As soon as I get home we're going to make it official. I have to go now honey but we'll talk real soon and you can tell me all about the wedding plans. I love you honey."

"I love you too Sam... so much."