Chapter 12

Not edited.

Cam

As he got dressed he wondered why his father had called a pack meeting for early this morning. The message that came through sounded like it was urgent. Apart from a few  minor meetings there hadn't been one this big since before Nellie left.

He winced as he remembered that meeting. To say that it was horrific would be an understatement. The outcome had changed the lives of many in the pack. The popular kids walked out of it disgraced and embarrassed while their parents hung their heads in shame.

New rules had been put in place that day. All those who stood up and admitted to bullying others were still to this day being punished. While no one actually looked down on them neither did they make them feel very welcome. They still wore the pale green and grey uniforms they were told to wear. No longer did they sit with the pack on special occassions. They were kept separated at their own tables after they'd finished serving those who were attending. For days the girls walked around sobbing while the guys were going round in a daze. He'd been spared the humiliation by the council because he was needed to search for Janella.

People had looked at the new 'workers' with a little sympathy while at the same time they let them know how disappointed they were in their behaviour. Some said that they're getting all the attention in the world now. It just wasn't the attention they were originally seeking. Seeing some of the girls without make up on had been a shock to many... it's really true that old saying... make up can cover up a multitude of ugly. Nellie rarely wore makeup, she didn't need to. Her beauty was real.

He heard his mate cooing to their daughters as she was getting them ready. He smiled as he realised how lucky he was to have such a beautiful family.

Walking into the room he looked at the scene in front of him. It truly was a wonder to behold the sight before him.

If only Lily was Nellie.

Paul

He watched as the people before him entered in silence. He knew they remembered the last time they were all there and he smiled to himself. That had been the beginning of many changes within the pack. Some tried to fight it while others followed quietly. In the end there was no more discussion, just acceptance.

He took pride in the fact that all bullying had ceased within the pack. He did that for Nellie. It was because of her the pack ran smoother than it had ever done before. No one was game to question anything that was required of them to do. He had to admit that there were times when he'd wanted to laugh at some of those people who were still in their uniforms four years on with another to go.. It had been a culture shock to them all. Hopefully when it was all over they'd actually learn the lesson they were meant to learn.

Striding up onto the stage he looked around the hall as if taking a mental note of the numbers before him. Finally satisfied he looked at one of the warriors stationed at one of the doors while others were dispersed throughout the room... and nodded.

An echo of the past filled the room as there was audible clicks surrounding them as doors were locked. He could smell the fear.

"Thank you for coming everyone. I realise that the last time I called a meeting like this one was because of the treatment of Janella Freemoon." He paused and looked at the faces in the crowd with his eyes landing on Cams. "This meeting is also due to Janella."

There were gasps in the crowd as a voice called out... "has she been found Alpha?"

Paul smiled "Yes she has."

Mayhem broke out as people were screaming for joy and crying tears of relief.

"I received a phone call at 2am this morning from someone who had spoken to her face to face."

Cries of 'Who?' filled the room and with a sigh of annoyance he called out "silence!"

"No more interruptions. I'll tell you everything you need to know. Janella was married but her husband passed away. We didn't realise until Cam in the beginning but her husband was Cameron's commanding officer. They had a child, a son. He is around four months now."

Expectant faces looked up at him and he realised that his son had gone into a state of shock. Shaking his head he continued "She doesn't remember us here but she did get the feeling that she knew the person she was talking to."

He paused for a moment letting the information sink in.

"We took measures to ensure the person who found her had everything possible to help her recall her memory. That was to happen two hous ago. As yet I haven't been contacted about the meeting but I expect the call to cpme through soon."

"Alpha?"

"Yes Tom?"

" Please excuse the interruption sir but what happens when she gets back?  She's the future Alpha, she'll need a mate to help her."

"Yes that's true, however in this case it won't be a problem."

"begging your pardon sir but Cam already has a chosen mate. Is it fair that she should suffer."

Paul held up his hand "Rest assured that won't happen."

"Sorry sir I have to ask... How do you know?"

"The person who found her..." he loojed at Cam with sorrow and pity in his eyes  he continued "The person who found her is her new mate. Her second chance mate."

"No" a voice whispered.

"He's stated that he will stay near Janella until she remembers everything and becomes his mate fully."

"No" a voice whispered.

"He's a good man. A very good man and he deserves this second chance as well."

"No... not him,  don't say it's him" A voice spoke.

Paul looked hesitantly in the direction of the voice before continuing.

"He will make a great leader. Strong, loyal and dependable. He's already proven himself to be dedicated to your future Alpha."

"No, no, no.... Why him?" A voice asked.

"Who is it Alpha?" came a voice from the back.

Looking to the back Paul nodded to acknowledge the person who asked the question.

"You all know him well. Ethan Junes."

"MINE!!!!!!" A voice roared. The people around it flinched and cowered.

"Cameron tell your wolf to calm down. You're scaring your children and your mate."

There was buzz and excitement for the news while there were some who looked at Lily with pity and concern. Whatever the feeling they had they all knew one thing for certain. Ethan and Janella were meant to be together.